Author Topic: Bristol area  (Read 1077 times)

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
Bristol area
« on: 29 July, 2019, 01:07:34 pm »
I'm staying in Bristol (near Montpelier) soon. Where would the panel recommend riding in the area?

I would probably have time for a 100km circuit, don't mind a bit of climbing but would prefer not to tip into AAA ratios. TIA.
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
Re: Bristol area
« Reply #1 on: 29 July, 2019, 01:41:47 pm »
paging ACB....

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #2 on: 29 July, 2019, 01:49:05 pm »
I'm staying in Bristol (near Montpelier) soon. Where would the panel recommend riding in the area?

I would probably have time for a 100km circuit, don't mind a bit of climbing but would prefer not to tip into AAA ratios. TIA.

I used to work in Bristol and my route home went over the hill to Cheddar Gorge and then over the flat bit to Taunton

My work to Home (in Devon) was 100km one way

You could do something like the Strawberry line, scoot around the levels then come back via Cheddar Gorge

Some of the Strawberry line is just a footpath through the woods but most of it, especially the stuff nearer Bristol is good

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3 on: 29 July, 2019, 02:31:51 pm »
Or do that in reverse. Out along the Whitchurch Way, past Chew Valley Lake, up Harptree Hill, down the Gorge and back along the Strawberry Line and over Ken Marshes.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #4 on: 29 July, 2019, 03:18:39 pm »
The Jack and Grace Cotton Memorial Ride is a 100km from Aztec West. Precious little climbing.
It is simpler than it looks.