Author Topic: The pet-specific bad news thread  (Read 97735 times)

Re: The pet-specific bad news thread
« Reply #325 on: 13 May, 2016, 05:06:34 pm »
So sorry to read this. Must have been a shock. It was bad enough coming downstairs one morning to find one of ours had gone overnight.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #326 on: 16 May, 2016, 01:26:33 pm »
Commiserations Oranj. You think you're not going to get emotional and upset, but it's surprising how much wells up when you see them there, in front of you.

Still missing Tiggy who died on Easter Monday. Sorry.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #327 on: 16 May, 2016, 02:37:57 pm »
We still miss our Jack from time to time and it's now about 7 months since he died.  No grass has grown over his little grave yet*.

Sorry to hear about your loss Oranj, I didn't expect to be that upset over ours either - they're part of your family in the end.

*mostly that's due to the fact that our back garden could make a good source for brick making
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

« Reply #328 on: 16 May, 2016, 11:29:37 pm »
I didn't post when I had to put Rico to sleep. It was a couple of weeks ago now- we did it here with Simon holding him for me to inject so he didn't have to go back into the hospital where he had been through such a lot recently.

Here is in his last few days, looking as dignified as ever
IMG_2932 by Lara Day, on Flickr

I had his ashes put with Kiri's inside a sleeping cat. They are at least now both together somewhere  :'(

IMG_3010 by Lara Day, on Flickr

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #329 on: 17 May, 2016, 06:20:10 am »
So sorry, Feline :(

The sleeping cat is a nice touch.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #330 on: 17 May, 2016, 07:03:35 am »
Yes, so sad. J
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #331 on: 17 May, 2016, 09:21:25 pm »
I didn't post when I had to put Rico to sleep. It was a couple of weeks ago now- we did it here with Simon holding him for me to inject so he didn't have to go back into the hospital where he had been through such a lot recently.

Here is in his last few days, looking as dignified as ever
IMG_2932 by Lara Day, on Flickr

I had his ashes put with Kiri's inside a sleeping cat. They are at least now both together somewhere  :'(

IMG_3010 by Lara Day, on Flickr
So sad to read of this Lara.
To say 'That cannot have been easy' would be an understatement. Big time. Hugs. x

« Reply #332 on: 19 May, 2016, 12:00:03 pm »
The gosling that Amy was trying to incubate for the past 4 weeks didn't manage to get out of the egg :( .  There was a 5p-sized hole in the shell but it was obviously too much effort for the little thing.  We hadn't intended to hatch any goslings this year but this was an egg that we'd failed to spot in the bottom of the nest...

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #333 on: 25 May, 2016, 07:39:48 pm »
Flynn didn't make it  :'( He had started treatment from the vets yesterday for runny bum & swollen vent, Baytril 0.25% antiobiotics, 0.03ml twice a day. I had hope that in a few days he would have started to improve.

But he was looking really poorly when I came home from work today, so I made a warm towel nest for him to sit in. I would have tried to get him to the vets again, but I had an appointment with mum & sister at the solicitors this afternoon as were are slowly getting Dad's estate in order (he passsed away 29th April)  Got home after dinner to find Flynn had passed over the Rainbow Bridge.

I seem to be more upset over Flynn's death, than Dad's, so I don't know what that means...   :'(

Really worried about his cage mate Spike, I hope he doesn't start to deteriorate due to the death of his cage buddy.

Rest In Piece Flynn

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #334 on: 25 May, 2016, 07:48:05 pm »
Aw, sorry Brian :(

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #335 on: 25 May, 2016, 08:45:55 pm »
Oh Brian, that's awful news, especially when you're already grieving for your dad  :(

Look after yourself.
Milk please, no sugar.

BrianI

« Reply #336 on: 25 May, 2016, 09:41:00 pm »

:'(

« Reply #337 on: 25 May, 2016, 09:48:17 pm »
So very sorry :(  Big hugs. Take care.

« Reply #338 on: 25 May, 2016, 10:45:18 pm »
Awwww poor Flynn and poor you :(

BrianI

« Reply #339 on: 26 May, 2016, 06:27:07 pm »
Thanks everyone.  I just hope his cage mate Spike doesn't go downhill, due to missing Flynn.   :'(

« Reply #340 on: 23 August, 2016, 11:08:27 pm »
Was informed today that my parents have had their cat Daisy put down today. Her heart and kidneys had given up, mind I think she was either 18 or 19 years old.  :'(

« Reply #341 on: 02 September, 2016, 06:37:27 pm »
So sorry about Daisy :(

We heard this morning that our good friends in Portland had to say goodbye to their lovely dog Pinta today. They rescued her from the streets of Mexico and we walked her and her friend Sancha for a month while staying with our friends (warm showers hosts).

Bye,Pinta Bean  :'(
http://woofy.woollypigs.com/2016/09/pinta-bean/

« Reply #342 on: 29 November, 2016, 11:38:01 pm »
Our Ginge couldn't be found when MrsC came home from work at lunchtime and we've not seen him since.
He's deaf, has thyroid and kidney problems, and doesn't tend to spend more than five minutes outdoors at a time.
He's still not come back and we are expecting the worst.
The worst thing is just not knowing. He was feral and came from nowhere. It feels as if he's gone back.

He's the last of our three cats. This is going to be a very empty house.

caerau

« Reply #343 on: 30 November, 2016, 12:34:35 am »
They do tend to go off and hide somewhere private when distressed.  Making them hard to find.  Fingers crossed, you never know. But yes, we know the worry. :(

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #344 on: 30 November, 2016, 05:43:49 pm »
All fingers and paws crossed here.

« Reply #345 on: 30 November, 2016, 06:21:53 pm »
Got a phone call shortly after lunch from the vet in the next village. Ginge had been found and taken there.
Fortunately he is chipped.
Fortunately, my employers being the model of efficiency, the old analogue phone is still connected despite the swap over to VOIP being several months ago, so they had a working number.
Ginge is now home. He is rather subdued and his damaged leg (very old injury from before when he moved in with us) seems to be playing up. But he is eating and he is enjoying head rubs and ear tickles.
And we have locked the cat flap. Confined to quarters for the winter I'm afraid.
He has facilities indoors so he won't suffer too much.

Thanks for all the good wishes

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #346 on: 30 November, 2016, 06:27:22 pm »
\o/

How old is he?

« Reply #347 on: 30 November, 2016, 07:21:53 pm »
As he was a stray and fully grown when he first arrived on the scene (the start of an eighteen month campaign to move in), we don't really know. The vet gave us an estimate when we finally succumbed and let him stay which would put him around 14 now. He's definitely a 'poor old thing' these days.
Currently hiding behind the sofa. I think he wants to be somewhere safe.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #348 on: 30 November, 2016, 08:13:36 pm »
Aw, poor old boy.

caerau

« Reply #349 on: 01 December, 2016, 10:16:40 pm »
Well the news could have been worse, welcome home I'm sure!  :thumbsup:

We've finally taken the plunge and are getting a rescue cat to keep our remaining cat company.  She clearly misses our Jack and wants to fight with us all the time as she used to with him.  It's getting aggravating getting clawed every time we walk past her perch.  Lets hope she likes the company of young Poppy who were are getting from a sanctuary in Penarth sometime soon.