Author Topic: Jack Eason  (Read 8056 times)

Re: Jack Eason
« Reply #50 on: 25 August, 2013, 12:49:55 pm »
Willesden cc will be organising rides on April 13th next year in memory of Jack Eason. There will be three distances offered:

The Jack Eason Struggle at 200K
    The Jack Eason 10 Thames Bridges at 100K
    The Jack Eason Giggle at 60K.

The 100K and 60K rides take the routes of the well established 10 Thames Bridges and Kaf-to-Kaf rides. The 200K is a new event, whose route will be chosen in a competition - more below. The 100K ride is published on AUK already, Hopefully I will get a chance to ride and check the Giggle route this week and publish that one too.

Toothgrinder is planning to organise some sort of ECE for those of you who feel 200K is not Struggle enough.

I will be the formal organiser of the rides, but we want to involve as many of the Audax community as possible in the rides. To start off with the 200 needs a route, so a competition to find one is being run. The details will be here, soon, on a new thread, and on the Willesden Club Blog.

So use your imagination and knowledge and come up with a great route!

By the way, if you don't get Arrivee, the great article in the recent edition about Jack is reproduced at http://www.willesdencyclingclub.co.uk/about/audax/jack-eason/
Events I am running: 5th September 2021, the unseasonal Wellesden Reliability; HOPEFULLY Early April 2022, 3 Down London - New Forest 300K Audax;