Author Topic: RIP Peter Firmin  (Read 1215 times)

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: RIP Peter Firmin
« Reply #1 on: 02 July, 2018, 08:02:07 am »
I used to drive Mrs T bonkers talking nothing but Clanger for an hour. But what beautiful English he used otherwise: "sailing majestically among the myriad stars of the firmament" gave 5-year-olds something to get their teeth into.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #2 on: 02 July, 2018, 08:58:04 am »
If the quality of our time here is marked by the amount of pleasure given to others, he'll be right up there.

His daughters are wonderfully talented, too, and have been running Cosmo China since 1990, when they opened up nearby my office. If you are searching for an unusual gift to mark a special occasion, a commission from them is a refreshing option. Top tip: a plate with your wedding date on it acts as a wonderful aide memoire for your anniversary date. Oh, and they can do Clangers and Bagpuss designs "by special arrangement.

That's something else rather good he's left behind.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3 on: 02 July, 2018, 09:18:27 am »
If the quality of our time here is marked by the amount of pleasure given to others, he'll be right up there.

Along with Oliver Postgate.

https://youtu.be/V4PUULALQjE
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #4 on: 02 July, 2018, 10:58:12 pm »
This is quite spooky.  Over the Easter holidays I fed and watered a lovely 19 year-old cat called Bagpuss for three days while her servants were away dealing with a death.  Last Thursday the tearful female servant told me that Bagpuss had passed away peacefully the day before.  And now Peter Firmin.