Author Topic: Brompton luggage query  (Read 2014 times)

Sigurd Mudtracker

Brompton luggage query
« on: 01 August, 2009, 09:57:31 pm »
Having established that my old Brompton front bag (the original black affair by Carradice) fits my S-type without any difficulty, I have to admit that the rather worn bag doesn't really set off my shiny new bike.  I have therefore been ogling the alternatives.  Yes, I know Brompton says I must only use the S-Bag but given the carrier frame of the original bag can be upgraded with one of the newer ones, I can't help but think that I could get away with one of the others.  The C-bag looks much more the business than the S-bag - has anyone tried it on an S-type?  Could anyone who has one quickly measure the height so I could guess if it fits or not?  My nearest dealer is a long way off, so it's going to be a mail order job, and I'm trying to minimise getting it wrong.

Re: Brompton luggage query
« Reply #1 on: 02 August, 2009, 10:31:40 am »
The answer to your question may lie HERE at SJS Cycles.

With the new C-Bag needing the deeper front Brompton frame, rather than the shallower one.

This frame fits to the luggage block on Brompton bikes, will then slide up the back of any S type Brompton luggage, all other luggage requires a larger frame.
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #2 on: 06 August, 2009, 12:15:44 pm »
What's wrong with the S bag? I have one and I love it - it may not be quite as big as the C bag but it has lots of handy little pockets and compartments.

There's a chap who has recently started getting the same train as me in the mornings who has a wicker basket on his Brommie. It looks simply spiffing. I must ask him where he got it.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Sigurd Mudtracker

« Reply #3 on: 06 August, 2009, 08:51:27 pm »
What's wrong with the S bag? I have one and I love it - it may not be quite as big as the C bag but it has lots of handy little pockets and compartments.

There's a chap who has recently started getting the same train as me in the mornings who has a wicker basket on his Brommie. It looks simply spiffing. I must ask him where he got it.

d.

I'm just shallow and superficial.  I like the look of the C-bag more.

However, if I'm logical about it, there's no point in having two bags the same size.  I could keep the old bag for bigger loads, and the S-bag for smaller loads.  At least it would discourage me from carting along everything including the kitchen sink.