Author Topic: How to direct an ambulance to a VERY remote rural property when/if ill?  (Read 4456 times)

Re: How to direct an ambulance to a VERY remote rural property when ill?
« Reply #25 on: 17 July, 2020, 05:05:34 pm »
For mobile phones, it should use Advanced Mobile Location when you dial 999. This automatically gets your location from GPS/wifi, and sends it as a text message, as soon as you dial 999. So the 999 operator should be able to access that.

:thumbsup: Must remember to use mobile phone instead of landline in emergencies

I think it's also worth noting that the ambulance control teams and ambulance teams are used to finding people in remote places.  Ambulance teams get to know their 'patches' and rural teams are less likely to be moved around than urban teams.

:thumbsup: Good point - what partly prompted this post was seeing a departing night time ambulance, which had presumably attended a neighbour pass by on the track back towards the main road

Also good to realise the ambulance driver and tall box like vehicle wasn't phased by the narrow track (with a seriously deep vertiginous gulley to alleviate the all too often deluges off the mountain behind) and it was able to cope with several low overhanging tree boughs!

Is it worth talking to your neighbour to ask how they gave their location?

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
Re: How to direct an ambulance to a VERY remote rural property when ill?
« Reply #26 on: 17 July, 2020, 05:34:11 pm »
Is it worth talking to your neighbour to ask how they gave their location?

:thumbsup: Indeed I will - and it's the obvious solution - but I don't want to pry just yet as they are having major life threatening issues in their family :'(

+ the other neighbour (Mountain Rescue Team member) is away