Author Topic: Schumacher and Piepoli now...  (Read 1938 times)

Schumacher and Piepoli now...
« on: 06 October, 2008, 08:44:44 pm »
Le grand menage.

Positive on CERA, the 3rd generation EPO.
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

Re: Schumacher and Piepoli now...
« Reply #1 on: 06 October, 2008, 08:53:44 pm »
No surprises really - Piepoli already named and Schumacher rode out of his skin, now we know why.

And I regard it as good news - gives the cheats no hiding place.
"What a long, strange trip it's been", Truckin'

« Reply #2 on: 06 October, 2008, 08:55:30 pm »
I think it is good too as CERA was seen as way ahead. The labs responded promptly and via enhanced collaboration are now catching the culprits. I really look forward to a proper blood passport. And maybe road racing will be more levelled again.

« Reply #3 on: 06 October, 2008, 10:51:27 pm »
Yep, totally agree.  Perhaps it is time for a 'coming out' so everyone can be honest and brake the silence.

« Reply #4 on: 06 October, 2008, 10:57:22 pm »
Like an amnesty - confess all  you know, name sources, implicate coaches, soigneurs, all the sordid details, and in return you get a 6-month ban.

Works for me. But I don't expect it to happen.
"What a long, strange trip it's been", Truckin'

« Reply #5 on: 07 October, 2008, 08:47:50 am »
Piepoli was found out before the start of the TdF and on July 15th again. It just took time to go through the process. Restrospectively I do understand why the TdF organisers, who knew, and some "clean" riders really get cranky about these stories as they have to say nothing and even congratulate people they know are in the wrong. I hope this will pass. As for Schumacher it is the 3rd time that he's been caught isn't it? I don't know what Quickstep will do.

« Reply #6 on: 07 October, 2008, 09:07:56 am »
I can remember thinking the clue was in the commentary at the time trial.

Shame it's proved correct.  I'd like to think of them all as utterly stupid b@stards without a shred of decency or dignity between them, but we really really need a background noise that is 'clean' to allow people the mental strength to respect their own limitations and choose to compete clean.  Tricky though, when your mortgage depends upon it...

« Reply #7 on: 07 October, 2008, 06:42:08 pm »
I can remember thinking the clue was in the commentary at the time trial.

Yes, same here.