Author Topic: Mersey 24 2008  (Read 48379 times)

Really Ancien

Re: Mersey 24 2008
« Reply #275 on: 03 September, 2008, 02:10:22 pm »
That's a provisional result, always a bit of a work of fiction outside the top 10. The official result in 2007 was rushed and John Warnock's distance is still wrong on the CTT website. It is usual to receive the result in a little booklet, anyone got one yet?

Damon.

y lee g

« Reply #276 on: 04 September, 2008, 09:41:57 pm »
I've heard nothing yet myself Damon and I was beginning to think the same.   

Graeme   

y lee g

« Reply #277 on: 04 October, 2008, 09:09:14 am »
Got my results booklet & photo this morning.

My final credited distance is incorrect, 322 rather than 339.   :(

Hey ho, will make it easier to improve next year   :D

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #278 on: 05 October, 2008, 04:29:08 pm »
Results are on AukWeb - 500 is by far the most popular distance. This makes my SR for the year - 200-300-600-500.

I didn't know Mr Gardiner was an AUK - good for him!

The results booklet omits all but 2 of the riders who were behind me in the provisionals (so my 35th place looks even less clever!). Anyone know what the criteria are for a finish?

(AUKs took the last 7 places in the final results - as well as 1st. I think Mr Abraham was the slowest rider to get past 600km!).
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #279 on: 05 October, 2008, 05:34:24 pm »
Anybody know who takes responsibility for getting these onto the AUKWeb?  They appear to be based on the provisional results and therefore omit those of us who rode tandems.

Thanks,

AC
'Accumulating kilometres in the roughest road conditions'...

« Reply #280 on: 05 October, 2008, 07:30:20 pm »
Results are on AukWeb - 500 is by far the most popular distance. This makes my SR for the year - 200-300-600-500.

I didn't know Mr Gardiner was an AUK - good for him!

The results booklet omits all but 2 of the riders who were behind me in the provisionals (so my 35th place looks even less clever!). Anyone know what the criteria are for a finish?

(AUKs took the last 7 places in the final results - as well as 1st. I think Mr Abraham was the slowest rider to get past 600km!).

Drat! and double drat!

I had a bad day. I did have a good night, but not enough to make up for the bad day. I never got 400 miles after all.
Maybe next year?
Good ride by Nik Gardiner! Second fastest Britiish ride ever. John Warnock is getting faster too, maybe we'll see him crack 500 miles soon?
Charlotte and Liz ride about 4 miles further than they thought.

osulljp

« Reply #281 on: 06 October, 2008, 01:02:55 pm »
Hi everyone,

First post here. I was one of the three people doing support for the three Sorrento riders, Paul O'Donoghue, Rose Leith and my namesake John O'Sullivan. I have posted up pictures on our website at Photos   at  Sorrento Cycling Club

It was my first experience of the event...and what an event it is.  Thanks to all the "locals" for the various friendly helping hands,  advice and directions over the two days. I know we will be back again for sure (I think I will stick to support!!).
Huge respect to all who took part.

John

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #282 on: 06 October, 2008, 05:56:55 pm »
Anybody know who takes responsibility for getting these onto the AUKWeb?  They appear to be based on the provisional results and therefore omit those of us who rode tandems.
I'm sure it's been mentioned earlier in this thread - one of the AUK commitee I think - but I can't find the post, sorry!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #283 on: 07 October, 2008, 08:46:15 am »
The tandems have now been credited with AUK points.  :thumbsup:

y lee g

« Reply #284 on: 07 October, 2008, 02:05:02 pm »
Hi everyone,

First post here. I was one of the three people doing support for the three Sorrento riders, Paul O'Donoghue, Rose Leith and my namesake John O'Sullivan. I have posted up pictures on our website at Photos   at  Sorrento Cycling Club

It was my first experience of the event...and what an event it is.  Thanks to all the "locals" for the various friendly helping hands,  advice and directions over the two days. I know we will be back again for sure (I think I will stick to support!!).
Huge respect to all who took part.

John

Great pics John.   :thumbsup:   

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #285 on: 09 October, 2008, 05:49:15 pm »
I'm sure it's been mentioned earlier in this thread - one of the AUK commitee I think - but I can't find the post, sorry!
Drat - this is already in the Audax FAQ.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------