Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by T42 on Today at 03:00:59 pm »
Decided to replace my FD cable, which was 90% through above the fixing screw and pointy with it. Chopped through it, unscrewed it, peeled back the shifter hood and tried to persuade the nubbin on the end to come out through the available hole on the side. Nyet. Dismounted the shifter from the bars, leaving the brake cable connected, turned it over then shoved the hood down and removed the master pingfuckit screw and the two small plastic covers to get at the nether hole, and eventually managed to force the nubbin straight down and out.

Dear Lord, what sadistic clown designed this piece of prime shittery?

The new cable had a nubbin on each end, one stamped C and the other S, presumably for Chimano and Sampagnolo, so I chopped off the C one. And guess what, the S nubbin won't go into the beast's nether hole.

I have scratched the name of Shimano on a sheet of lead, spat on it three times and smeared it with the blood of a half-eaten hamburger, then folded it up into a small package and shoved it into a crack in the cemetery wall, the while chanting the 999 names of the Grete Beeste and turning widdershins (first catch your widder).

Tomorrow I shall try again.  This afternoon is for sulks.
The Pub / Re: Little Eye On The Provinces
« Last post by Regulator on Today at 02:59:43 pm »
It's complete bollocks...

I don't think you are right.

Lee Anderson has already had two head transplants.

But Lee Anderson isn't a sentient being...
Rides and Touring / Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Last post by Oscar's dad on Today at 02:58:48 pm »
My garage has been largely emptied of boat paraphernalia so therefore I can get at my bikes again.  Being out late on a Wednesday doesn’t work for me at the moment but Thursday does. Next week would any of you consider swapping Wednesday for Thursday?  If so I’d be up so a trundle to a centrally located pubbe in The People’s Republic of Mid-Essex.
« Last post by JefO on Today at 02:58:20 pm »
Tired of tyres that don't let you know which direction they want to be fitted in, until after you fit them incorrectly, I painted that part of the new tyre on the front of my CX, and then did similar to the rear tyre. In retrospect I should have cleaned the rear tyre (and the bike) first.

« Last post by robgul on Today at 02:23:18 pm »
Fettled a Shimano middle chainring to fit a Middleburn crankset - just some minor angle-grinding.   

It did fox me to start with that the ring didn't seat around the bolts until I spotted that the old, worn chainring had received similar treatment when the bike was originally built.

. . . and I'm about to fettle my new ultrasonic tank's drain valve and hose to fit in its space in the workshop (x ref Tool junkie) - Screwfix awaits.
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Microsoft OneDrive
« Last post by PaulF on Today at 02:16:02 pm »
Is Sharepoint the one where you send a link to a file out and no one else can access it unless they are logged into M$ and are specifically given permission to access?

No I think it’s the one that randomly changes the file you’re working collaboratively on to Read Only without telling you so you have to spend several days reconciling a couple of hours work into the common copy.
The Pub / Re: Little Eye On The Provinces
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 02:04:30 pm »
It's complete bollocks...

I don't think you are right.

Lee Anderson has already had two head transplants.
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 02:01:14 pm »
Is Sharepoint the one where you send a link to a file out and no one else can access it unless they are logged into M$ and are specifically given permission to access?
I ran out of space to grow leeks, so potted some up in old buckets. Now we have had a lot of rain and although both buckets have leeks it appears only one bucket leaks so the leeks in one had become aquatic. Tipped out some water and put out of rain in wood shelter for now.
« Last post by Regulator on Today at 01:58:12 pm »
We have both OneDrive and SharePoint.  OneDrive is only supposed to be used for personal things - anything shared needs to go onto SharePoint.

Which is all very well... but SharePoint doesn't seem to be syncing correctly, meaning that you end up with two or more versions of SharePoint.

I think we should go back to quills, paper and pigeons!  it would be quicker.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10