General Category > Freewheeling

Islabikes Second?

(1/7) > >>

clarion:
Astonishing.  Apparently, The Independent, in listing the top ten kids' bikes, put the Ridgeback 24 (a good bike, it has to be said) above the Islabikes Beinn! :o

http://www.bikebiz.com//news/read/ridgeback-comes-out-top-in-independent-s-top-10-children-s-bikes

hatler:
Blimey !

What were the criteria ?

The Beinn takes some beating.

Cyclops:
I get the impression that the position in a lot of the Independent's Top 10 or 50 lists may depend on how much advertising revenue or other kickbacks the manufacturer provides rather than merit. It probably explains why they have items like scarves costing £300 and other such nonsense.

eck:
I was doing some cycle instructor training today in a school in Aberdeenshire: among the kids' bikes parked there happened to be a Beinn. The trainees, mostly teachers, were amazed at how elegant, light and simple it was compared with the usual BSOs at most schools. It helped to reinforce my point that full-suss triple-chainring mountain-bikey lookey-likeys weren't the best machines for kids to learn to ride on. So, that's eight converts to Islabikes.  :thumbsup:

When buying a bike, you can have light; you can have strong; you can have cheap.
You can have any two, but you can never have all three.  ;)

mattc:
I was at a BC session in a local school last week - they were using fixed-gear Islabikes (w/ cross tyres) on the school's grass running track. Seemed perfect for the job  :thumbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version