Author Topic: Have you been out today?  (Read 3888352 times)

Re: Have you been out today?
« Reply #200 on: 22 April, 2008, 10:53:01 am »

Fastest ride of the year so far - 25.5km/hr average; sure, I won't win any medals, but that's quick for me  ;).

must be something in the air - I had a quick run last night too!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #201 on: 22 April, 2008, 11:51:20 am »
The adiposity and arthritis are demanding stern treatment. Mrs Wow and I were out on the tandem this morning before 8 a.m. We did a gentle 12 miles along oil seed rape free roads, visited the Co-op and took some shopping to Aunt Phyllis. We are hoping to have a small morning outing every day.

Let's see how long it lasts.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #202 on: 22 April, 2008, 01:52:42 pm »
Yes, 4 horrible miles to work. My legs killed me again.  :-[

« Reply #203 on: 22 April, 2008, 03:15:25 pm »
My legs complained going over the mere incline of Vauxhall Bridge, how wimpy is that?! Methinks they haven't forgiven me.

Chipster

« Reply #204 on: 22 April, 2008, 03:44:37 pm »
I have for the first proper ride in 14 years......

Mix of forest paths a main roads...

9.3 Mile in 56 Minutes
9.8 Mph average.....

My legs hurt at points and my lungs burned.. (that will be the punishment for smoking for the last 16 years)...

Damn I love being back on a bike......  Think I need to dig my old timetrial bike out of the loft..... 

:) :) :) :) :)

steveB

« Reply #205 on: 22 April, 2008, 03:57:10 pm »
Yep, a tad over 50 miles and 'cos of what phsycler said in another thread I didn't stop once. I was testing myself.  Averaged 13.6mph which is no great shakes around the Somerset levels, although there were a couple of nasty little hills and my bike weighs a ton.

By the end I started to feel tired, I think it was probably having one piece of toast for breakfat, my excess blubber reserves should keep me going for miles though.

I'm not as fit as I like to kid myself I am - but then at 60 I should be happy just to wake up I guess.

« Reply #206 on: 22 April, 2008, 04:01:27 pm »
Started riding to work again daily just recently - 11 miles each way from Chelmsford to Braintree, using some scenic back roads (beats getting on a bus full of excitable school kids any day). Got a p*nct*re this morning, on the front; wearing Marathon Plus! It happened about a mile from work and I managed to limp in without having to effect a roadside repair. On inspection I dug out an arrowhead like flint about half a centimetre long - a real tyre slayer. Put a new tube in at lunchtime and pedalled to the Co-op for a sandwich - the sun was out and it was warm! Now I'm looking forward to the journey home...

annie

« Reply #207 on: 22 April, 2008, 04:20:13 pm »
I have for the first proper ride in 14 years......

Mix of forest paths a main roads...

9.3 Mile in 56 Minutes
9.8 Mph average.....

My legs hurt at points and my lungs burned.. (that will be the punishment for smoking for the last 16 years)...

Damn I love being back on a bike......  Think I need to dig my old timetrial bike out of the loft..... 

:) :) :) :) :)

Well done that's excellent news.

I haven't been out today.  Nursing injuries from yesterday's ride.  Tomorrow is a hectic day but am hoping to cycle back from school in Ipswich and then to return by bike, however there appears to be a bit of damage to the right hood, it is facing the wrong way, try as I might I can't straighten the thing up.  If I am going to ride at all I need to pop my Shimano sandals on as I am never using the Look Keos again, so much for nice fancy carbon pedals and Sidi shoes.

Chipster

« Reply #208 on: 22 April, 2008, 05:00:18 pm »

I haven't been out today.  Nursing injuries from yesterday's ride.  Tomorrow is a hectic day but am hoping to cycle back from school in Ipswich and then to return by bike, however there appears to be a bit of damage to the right hood, it is facing the wrong way, try as I might I can't straighten the thing up.  If I am going to ride at all I need to pop my Shimano sandals on as I am never using the Look Keos again, so much for nice fancy carbon pedals and Sidi shoes.
[/quote]

Cheers Annie,

What happend yesterday ??

« Reply #209 on: 22 April, 2008, 05:10:57 pm »
I went out for a12 miles ride in my shorts for the first time this year,
now where did I put the fake suntan cream ;D

annie

« Reply #210 on: 22 April, 2008, 05:13:15 pm »

Cheers Annie,

What happend yesterday ??

I fell off the bike at the top of a hill whilst taking my friend out on her bike, it was only her second time out on the road since I taught her to ride and she had a major problem and wobble and so stopped suddenly, I then tried to continue cycling up the hill, it was a bit of sharp one, and slipped on the nasty pedals coming down really hard on the saddle (better not say much more on that subject).  When I got to the top of the hill I waited for her, she was walking, I turned to the right whilst still clipped in and somehow caught my foot on the front wheel and just went over and had a bit of a slip slidey incident down the hill.  I am used to riding with SPD's.

Domestique

« Reply #211 on: 22 April, 2008, 05:15:45 pm »
I had the Steve Goff out for a spin round the town. A measly 18 miles + my commute to work and back home.
I really have forgotten just how much I like riding that bike  8)

« Reply #212 on: 22 April, 2008, 08:33:26 pm »
Yes.
Just squeezed in a cheeky 20 after work and before supper.
Average speed of 14 mph could be improved upon.

bobajobrob

« Reply #213 on: 22 April, 2008, 08:35:52 pm »
Went out for a pootle this afternoon. The weather was fantastic.

Maladict

« Reply #214 on: 23 April, 2008, 02:55:15 pm »
Collected N+1 from LBS.  Rode it home.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  8)

« Reply #215 on: 23 April, 2008, 03:00:32 pm »

Madone?
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Maladict

« Reply #216 on: 23 April, 2008, 03:02:32 pm »

Madone?

Yep.  It's loverly.

LEE

« Reply #217 on: 23 April, 2008, 03:22:09 pm »
I rode 17 miles home after dropping car off for service in central Winchester this morning at 8am.  It was bloody horrible.  I haven't commuted by bike, in a city, for 20 years and this was a reminder why I don't miss it. 

Even the country lanes I used, once I escaped the centre, were rat-runs.

I distinctly remember enjoying the 'battle' with traffic across South Manchester, as I commuted to various BT Telephone Exchanges, but it seems I have turned into a Country Bumpkin.

PS.  Winchester is hillier than I remember.

« Reply #218 on: 23 April, 2008, 05:23:46 pm »
I did a hilly 31.2 miles, it was nice in the sun shine 8)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #219 on: 23 April, 2008, 08:52:33 pm »
Just over 8 miles of commuting. The rain stopped just in time.

CathH

« Reply #220 on: 23 April, 2008, 08:58:54 pm »
Lovely lazy hilly 11 in the sunshine.  Took footage of lambs and scenery.  Saw the bats zipping over the fields on the way home.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #221 on: 24 April, 2008, 01:05:32 am »
The normal 13 km to work, then 84 km home, including about 15km with Reading CTC on their Wednesday evening ride to a pub. Then about 35 km home under a lovely clear sky.  Got home half an hour ago.

So I haven't been out today (yet). I went out yesterday, and came home today.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #222 on: 24 April, 2008, 11:07:16 am »
13.6 miles of pootling along the sea front, around Gunners Park and back through the delights of Thorpe Bay and Southchurch.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #223 on: 24 April, 2008, 11:24:37 am »
Struggled to the doctors and back in the siling rain. :(
Getting there...

annie

« Reply #224 on: 24 April, 2008, 01:22:30 pm »
Struggled to the doctors and back in the siling rain. :(

Hope you aren't poorly sick?