Author Topic: The Apprentice, 9pm tonight (10th May)  (Read 19719 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: The Apprentice, 9pm tonight (10th May)
« Reply #25 on: 12 May, 2011, 09:13:51 pm »
The rest of them are normal or completely invisible.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #26 on: 12 May, 2011, 10:43:01 pm »
Is this where I come clean with our household's claim to fame?

<edited for Riggers>
It is simpler than it looks.

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #27 on: 13 May, 2011, 10:00:01 am »
Is it that one of you can't spellcheck?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Damn! My comment seems pointless now, damn his eyes and retrospective editing!
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

« Reply #28 on: 01 June, 2011, 10:54:35 pm »
I really hate Glenn.  His overweening self-importance must be a terrible burden.  If he was any more of a cliche he'd simply vanish into infinity, like the end of Sergeant Pepper where the coda repeats endlessly on the vinyl.

The conversation where (probably) Zoe cut him off while he was trying to upbraid them was wonderful.  It's just a shame she's too ordinary to win. 

« Reply #29 on: 01 June, 2011, 10:55:31 pm »
Is this where I come clean with our household's claim to fame?

<edited for Riggers>

This seems an awfully long time to be kept in suspenders.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #30 on: 01 June, 2011, 11:00:15 pm »
I really hate Glenn.  His overweening self-importance must be a terrible burden.  If he was any more of a cliche he'd simply vanish into infinity, like the end of Sergeant Pepper where the coda repeats endlessly on the vinyl.

The conversation where (probably) Zoe cut him off while he was trying to upbraid them was wonderful.  It's just a shame she's too ordinary to win. 

That conversation was quite funny seeing as they (Glenn and Zoe) were having it off in the house!

I really hate Glenn too. I think that Lord Jim is playing a canny game - I still like him though  ;D

« Reply #31 on: 01 June, 2011, 11:05:54 pm »
Jim seems to have been found out.  I couldn't believe Natasha got away with saying she had issues with the Everydog concept.  Cheeky cow never said a word.

I hate them all - I just enjoy the spectacle of a parade of utterly vile people being humiliated.  Ellie seemed to be a pleasant, hardworking, motivated, useful individual.  No wonder she couldn't last.

Jakob

« Reply #32 on: 02 June, 2011, 05:39:53 am »
My wife and I were certain that Vincent would lose when he was selected as PM and despaired when Glen repeatedly screwed it up.
 Then, when Ellie got fired, I was certain it was for entertainment purposes that Vincent wasn't, but had to take that back shortly after.
 I don't think it would have changed anything if Jim had been there. While the name was his idea, Vincent ran with it and refused listen to others and Jim still worked hard to get the task done as well as possible.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #33 on: 02 June, 2011, 09:38:15 am »
*Points and laughs at Vince and his silly hair and goatee*
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #34 on: 02 June, 2011, 10:21:16 am »
Leon's time can't be far off, he was far too weak in his presentation last night.

They showed about 20 seconds of what was supposedly a 20-minute presentation.  We'll have to trust the editors that those 20 seconds were representative. (But agreed - it was excrutiating.)

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #35 on: 02 June, 2011, 02:08:29 pm »
Tom=Cassandra

Five tasks, the team lost every one and each time Tom has said "err, excuse me, don't you think we ought to do X instead" and was proved right. When will they learn to stop ignoring him?

Of course he'll come unstuck in a big way when he gets to be PM because they still won't be listening to him.

Yes, my hubby also pointed out the Cassandra thing last night. He was spot on though. The thing is he has got his head up Lor' Sugar's arse as well.

I thought that Melody's pitch was very good actually.

« Reply #36 on: 02 June, 2011, 02:18:02 pm »
This was undoubtedly the 'Head up ass' episode.

Loved the way 'is Lordship sacked one of Vincent's choices then, just as the creep was thinking his vile strategy had worked, sacked him as well.
Move Faster and Bake Things

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #37 on: 02 June, 2011, 02:21:36 pm »
This was undoubtedly the 'Head up ass' episode.

Loved the way 'is Lordship sacked one of Vincent's choices then, just as the creep was thinking his vile strategy had worked, sacked him as well.

I think his (Lor' Sugar) exact words were 'a clear message has got to go back to the house' - hopefully they have now got the memo...

Does anyone like any of the girls? I quite like Ellie and I don't believe there is a 'Stella' this year.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #38 on: 02 June, 2011, 02:27:05 pm »
Susan can't last. Surely.

Regulator

« Reply #39 on: 02 June, 2011, 02:30:32 pm »
Ellie and Zoe are the only just about human ones there.

Melody's completely up her own fundament, Edna's a back-stabber, Susan's a complete sulker, Helen's a bitch, and  Natasha believes her own publicity too much.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #40 on: 02 June, 2011, 02:31:09 pm »
I quite like(d) Ellie. She's better off out of there I think.  Ambivalent about Zoe at the moment.  The others: no (but I can't remember which one Susan is).

(OT btw h_w: Jack Army!)

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #41 on: 02 June, 2011, 03:29:23 pm »
I quite like(d) Ellie. She's better off out of there I think.  Ambivalent about Zoe at the moment.  The others: no (but I can't remember which one Susan is).

(OT btw h_w: Jack Army!)

Jack Army! Jack Army! If you're not from Cardiff, stand up  :-*

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #42 on: 09 June, 2011, 07:26:23 am »
I like Helen ("Project Manager Barbie") and the Irish bloke.  I'm glad Edna went: she was so full of HR bullshit that you could see it coming out of her ears.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Regulator

« Reply #43 on: 09 June, 2011, 08:01:21 am »
I like Helen ("Project Manager Barbie") and the Irish bloke.  I'm glad Edna went: she was so full of HR bullshit that you could see it coming out of her ears.

I had hoped he'd do another double sacking - and get rid of Susan as well.  All she does is whinge and sulk.

Green Party Councillor

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #44 on: 09 June, 2011, 08:43:36 am »
Edna had an MBA???

They must give thhrm out with cornflake packets nowadays.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #45 on: 09 June, 2011, 04:46:08 pm »

I had hoped he'd do another double sacking - and get rid of Susan as well.  All she does is whinge and sulk.

Susan gets on my nerves. Melody has still got the second most annoying voice in the world (after Robert Peston).

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #46 on: 09 June, 2011, 05:04:43 pm »
Edna had an MBA???

Yes, but she doesn't like to talk about it.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Jakob

« Reply #47 on: 09 June, 2011, 07:53:12 pm »
I think what saved Zoe was that she immediately accepted responsibility for losing the first 2 pitches...and then generously helped by Edna digging her own grave. It was very hard not to compare her 'MBA' comment with the Sandhurst idiot a season or two ago.
 (Not to mention that Edna really ought to have lost the moble app task and gotten fired for it).
Susan, well, last time Zoe was a PM, Susan claimed she could sell huge amount of skincare products and failed to move even a fraction for that and had they lost, would probably have been sacked too.. I would have ignored her as too, had I been in Zoe's shoes.

« Reply #48 on: 10 June, 2011, 07:50:54 pm »
I honestly wonder whether the average Joe Public could do better!

They should do a "Charity Special" and have one of these teams against a group of random people selected off the streets, and then watch the bunfight

Jakob

« Reply #49 on: 10 June, 2011, 08:50:23 pm »
Ah, I think this bunch is in general pretty good. I mean, how many here could actually produce a half-decent TV commercial, especially given the time constraints?