Author Topic: Rapha Supercross - Alexandra Palace.  (Read 1245 times)

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
Rapha Supercross - Alexandra Palace.
« on: 26 October, 2014, 07:23:54 am »
What a blast that was.

I haven't seen a cross race since the late 80s, so I had forgotten just how inferior it makes you feel when you see the elite riders leaping on and off bikes in fluid motion, and just how fecking fast they can make a bike go on muddy grass.

The highlight though was the fun/novice category. A shorter, less technical course, featuring fancy dress, a wall of foam and a tequila shortcut. 

It was the best bike race I have ever seen in my life. Such a laugh. Best part was Dan Craven, who had just ridden his first ever cross race in the elite race, entering the novice race and aiming to go through the tequila shortcut as many times as possible and find the deepest bits of the foam, whilst roaring and laughing like a wild man all the way round.

AC Hackney's jordancarroll was also racing and did rather well considering he was on a fixed wheel and regular caliper brakes that will take some cleaning today!

Frites, beers and cowbells in warm and pleasant weather. It was great.

Highly recommended for next year.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
Re: Rapha Supercross - Alexandra Palace.
« Reply #2 on: 26 October, 2014, 03:47:57 pm »
We're only going if there's tequila and foam!

It's on the radar as a possibility.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

Re: Rapha Supercross - Alexandra Palace.
« Reply #3 on: 26 October, 2014, 09:26:52 pm »
Plenty of bars within a short walk of Campbell Park. I'd be surprised if there was a lack of tequila.
Not sure about foam. We do have an indoor ski slope near Campbell Park with real snow. Or you could set off the fire extinguisher at the bar when you get your tequila.