Author Topic: Jersey sizing  (Read 11835 times)

Jersey sizing
« on: 07 June, 2019, 01:45:56 pm »
I’m just completing my entry, and by the looks of things I should be a 2xl for a 40” chest for the official jersey. Is that right???
I’m an L in Force GB for what it’s worth.

Phil W

Re: Jersey sizing
« Reply #1 on: 07 June, 2019, 01:59:05 pm »
I wear a PBP 2015 jersey size L and wear LEL 2013 / 2017 jerseys in size L as well.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #2 on: 07 June, 2019, 02:06:30 pm »
I just rechecked and 100cm is 2XL in the mens jersey and L in the reflective vest for me, there isn't a 100cm option on the womens sizing

Phil W

« Reply #3 on: 07 June, 2019, 02:11:46 pm »
Ignore me got my cm to inches factor wrong. Deleted earlier post  :facepalm:

« Reply #4 on: 07 June, 2019, 02:24:31 pm »
Doing a bit of googling it looks like I am 2xl. Fair enough!!

« Reply #5 on: 07 June, 2019, 08:10:09 pm »
I’m just completing my entry, and by the looks of things I should be a 2xl for a 40” chest for the official jersey. Is that right???
I’m an L in Force GB for what it’s worth.

I'm exactly the same as you: 40" chest, L in Force GB stuff and 2XL in PBP sizing. At least I know that AUK jersey will fit...

Diesel

• or Richard
« Reply #6 on: 07 June, 2019, 10:32:12 pm »
Do we believe the sizing chart is correct? I'm 40 inch chest as well but have never ordered anything XXL. All my cycle Jerseys are in Large.

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #7 on: 08 June, 2019, 01:50:16 am »
Do we believe the sizing chart is correct? I'm 40 inch chest as well but have never ordered anything XXL. All my cycle Jerseys are in Large.

that would surprise me as well, as I'm 38" and ALL my kit is medium, castelli, rapha, le col and endura (although the endura top is looser than I would like)

is the jersey size guide  easily available, or van you only see when logged in and registering?

Eddington  127miles, 170km

« Reply #8 on: 08 June, 2019, 08:36:07 am »
This is what made me nervous, but after a bit of googling everyone last time seemed to be needing ‘overly large’ sizes.
I’m surprised Phil W was a large last time if he’s an L in LEL jersey...

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #9 on: 08 June, 2019, 09:59:56 am »
Pro-rider fit?
I remember a few years back Prendas "found" some santini wool jerseys from the late 70s, even the largest size wouldn't have fitted me.

My chest size doesn't seem to vary much with the rest of my weight so what surprised me was that the height for the 2xl is iirc 194cm a whole 11cm taller than I am. Which makes me think it'd be overly long regardless 9f how much belly it'd got to get round.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

« Reply #10 on: 08 June, 2019, 10:08:43 am »
I’ve gone for 2XL and we’ll see what happens. It’s not expensive for a jersey, and worse case scenario I might stick it in a frame. It’ll be a nice souvenir regardless!

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #11 on: 08 June, 2019, 04:53:24 pm »
I'm not sure I trust the size guide

according to the guide, my height is a medium jersey, my waist is a medium jersey, but my chest is an extra large. I can't believe the difference between waist size and chest size is as small as 4cm at all sizes.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

« Reply #12 on: 08 June, 2019, 10:52:50 pm »
The PBP 'sizing chart' is from another planet. 5x ridden PBP and with a 40 inch / 100cm chest, have always found a size 'L' fit best (as does most EU sizing foe jerseys and shorts).
Your only hope if getting it wrong, is thong about an try to exchange with someone else who 'got it wrong' [small but possible chance].

« Reply #13 on: 10 June, 2019, 08:58:50 am »
The PBP 'sizing chart' is from another planet. 5x ridden PBP and with a 40 inch / 100cm chest, have always found a size 'L' fit best (as does most EU sizing foe jerseys and shorts).
Your only hope if getting it wrong, is thong about an try to exchange with someone else who 'got it wrong' [small but possible chance].

Ha! Yes did exactly that - tried on a gilet which was silly large and figured my XL top would be just as big, traded for an L and it's just a little too small, can only be worn at very lowest weight. Doh. I am hobbity, M high and L+ wide and find myself between sizes L/XL often eg my ACME is an L and is perfect but proper race jerseys not so much - I will be ordering an XL for PBP.

StevieB

• I'm an embarrassment to my bicycle!
« Reply #14 on: 10 June, 2019, 08:27:49 pm »
LAST time I went with the 100cm (= 2XL jersey & L gilet) & LAST time they both fitted perfectly!

The jersey is slightly stretchy and gives a tight fit (= nothing flapping but not compression tight) - its very good value IMO.

The gilet had elasticated openings at waist and shoulders, so it stays put and is warm, but those hems will rip apart and the zip will break... good enough for PBP though.
It may be self-flagellation, but it still hurts

« Reply #15 on: 11 June, 2019, 01:41:08 pm »
In 2015, I got XXL jersey and it is just a bit to small but wearable but is not ideal as the pockets on the back are a bit to high up to be reaching into. For racing it would be ideal, but not for a looser fit for audaxing. I am a 46 inch chest and usually anything between a XL and an XXL fits me depending on manufacturer. If its the same manufacturer for 2019 then it will be Italian sizes again which always tend to be smaller sizes. This year, I will go for a XXXL

« Reply #16 on: 13 June, 2019, 08:13:55 am »
I’m L in Force GB and XL in my 2015 PBP jersey, which isn’t tight.
Bikes are for riding, not cleaning!

« Reply #17 on: 13 June, 2019, 09:19:27 am »
Any views on the women's sizing? I'm holding off putting my last number in to see if I can get this right.

I've put in for a M gillet. I don't want any flapping but they look pretty baggy. I'm normally L women's rapha Souplesse jersey and gillet.

« Reply #18 on: 13 June, 2019, 09:44:06 am »
If it helps, I,m 5'8", 11 1/2  stone and 39" chest. My last three PBP jerseys have been XL and they fit ok (not a tight fit). Hi-Viz has been large (for the past two). I've ordered an XL this time again and large Hi-Viz.   
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” ― Albert Einstein

« Reply #19 on: 13 June, 2019, 10:28:51 am »
Any views on the women's sizing? I'm holding off putting my last number in to see if I can get this right.

I've put in for a M gillet. I don't want any flapping but they look pretty baggy. I'm normally L women's rapha Souplesse jersey and gillet.

I use L for Rapha but for Ale which is Italian I have to go XL. I've therefore gone larger than here. Again erred on the side of caution with the reflective gilet on the basis that I can wear one that's too big if I can't swap it.
Reine de la Fauche

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #20 on: 13 June, 2019, 11:28:06 am »
I am not riding this time, but do have a 2015 womens Jersey which I can measure if you think it's the same supplier

« Reply #21 on: 13 June, 2019, 02:25:01 pm »
Thank you all. Think I'm going to err on the side of caution and go XL for jersey and L for the reflective thingy. The jersey is more of a memento anyway. I always wear Rapha.

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #22 on: 13 June, 2019, 02:37:11 pm »
One more data point: I have a MEDIUM LEL 2017 (and 2013) jersey, which is just slightly tighter on me than the LARGE PBP 2015 jersey.  Basically, you should order one size up from ForceGB, because the Italian sizes are fitted.

As for the gilet, I have a large one of those, too, which sits nicely over the top of a jumper and jacket when I'm standing in a force-nine setting off riders on any of our Cambridge events ... I don't like well-fitted gilets when riding, especially not in the summer.
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #23 on: 13 June, 2019, 03:10:52 pm »
The 2015 PBP jersey was made by Giordana I think. Their sizing table is different to the 2019 PBP website one.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

rob

« Reply #24 on: 13 June, 2019, 03:21:25 pm »
The sizing table is arse to be honest.

I have gone with a medium as it's what I got last time and I'm lighter this time round.   That said the table shows :-

Chest - 36"
Waist - 33.5"
Suitable for 70-75kg

I have a 37" chest, a 30 inch waist and I'm 62kg.   If the measurements are genuine it's going to look a little odd - tight round the chest and flappy round the belly.