Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1754786 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #14750 on: 15 June, 2020, 02:56:11 pm »
The cooking faff is the point!
Can I be at a very safe distance when you set fire to the grass?

It's been quite wet lately.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14751 on: 15 June, 2020, 03:59:30 pm »
 :hand: :hand: :hand: There's a ban on BBQ's in all Chelmsford Parks at the moment - it's a "no fire" policy, so probably includes stoves. 

I'm up for a cookout, looking forward to rice and tuna, but it would need to be elsewhere I think, with suitable seating to cook from..

Barbeques are not allowed in Chelmsford's parks due to the fire risk that they pose! If you're visiting a Chelmsford park this sunny weekend, please make it a picnic instead - and don't forget to take your litter home or use a bin! Enjoy the sun safely
Regards,

Joergen

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #14752 on: 15 June, 2020, 04:06:49 pm »
We will host on 1st July if that works for everyone and then it can double up as my birthday party as well!
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

rob

« Reply #14753 on: 15 June, 2020, 05:29:16 pm »
Picking up our keys for the rental place and chatting about the village today.  He said he didn’t drink in the village but recommended the Compasses at Littley Green.  Anyone know much about it ?   ;D

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14754 on: 15 June, 2020, 05:48:10 pm »
Picking up our keys for the rental place and chatting about the village today.  He said he didn’t drink in the village but recommended the Compasses at Littley Green.  Anyone know much about it ?   ;D

Its well dodgy.  The last time I went past it looked like it was half built.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14755 on: 15 June, 2020, 05:49:34 pm »
I'm up for a cookout, looking forward to rice and tuna, but it would need to be elsewhere I think, with suitable seating to cook from..

The top of TMNH has everything on your list.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14756 on: 15 June, 2020, 05:51:26 pm »

Except it's at the top of TMNH, eh jibbers?  ;D
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14757 on: 15 June, 2020, 05:56:47 pm »

Except it's at the top of TMNH, eh jibbers?  ;D

I’m sure he’s got over that by now.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14758 on: 15 June, 2020, 07:08:41 pm »
I don't recall benches at top of tmnh?
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14759 on: 15 June, 2020, 07:21:38 pm »

There are. I sat on one.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14760 on: 15 June, 2020, 07:25:33 pm »
Picking up our keys for the rental place and chatting about the village today.  He said he didn’t drink in the village but recommended the Compasses at Littley Green.  Anyone know much about it ?   ;D

:thumbsup: The White Hart in Stebbing is pretty good, we've been there a few times on a Wednesday evening.

Benches, but not picnic tables by the pond, likewise at the Colam Lane junction. Papermill Lock is possible?

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #14761 on: 15 June, 2020, 08:09:55 pm »
Picking up our keys for the rental place and chatting about the village today.  He said he didn’t drink in the village but recommended the Compasses at Littley Green.  Anyone know much about it ?   ;D

Its well dodgy.  The last time I went past it looked like it was half built.

The landlord showed me the review on Tripadvisor, something about prostitutes and drug dealers.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14762 on: 15 June, 2020, 08:22:22 pm »
All went downhill after KazzooTwo stopped doing gigs there.... That was the beginning of the end.
Regards,

Joergen

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #14763 on: 15 June, 2020, 09:36:21 pm »
All went downhill after KazzooTwo stopped doing gigs there.... That was the beginning of the end.

Demolition was the only option after that...
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14764 on: 16 June, 2020, 06:19:28 am »
Re the top of TMNH, I’m talking about the green at the Colam Lane junction, opposite the pink house, there’s at least one bench, I sat on it.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14765 on: 16 June, 2020, 08:29:01 am »
Re the top of TMNH, I’m talking about the green at the Colam Lane junction, opposite the pink house, there’s at least one bench, I sat on it.

:thumbsup: Meeting earlier again? I can be along as soon after 8 as I can manage, depending on work, weather, family etc. I'll bring my chair.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14766 on: 16 June, 2020, 09:03:59 am »

:thumbsup: Meeting earlier again? I can be along as soon after 8 as I can manage, depending on work, weather, family etc. I'll bring my chair.

I can pootle off around six-ish and head up there, I too can take furniture.  I now need to plan my menu - exciting!  :thumbsup:

I don't mind heading to Admiral's Park or anywhere else afterwards if some folks don't fancy TMNH thing.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14767 on: 16 June, 2020, 09:49:00 am »
I'm not sure on the location exactly - so will scout it today as I pass through - I'm a bit concerned that a bunch of us turning up on a grass triangle with stoves might cause the natives to become restless... one person brewing up might not attract attention, 4 people cooking tea might do though...
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #14768 on: 16 June, 2020, 09:53:33 am »
I will make an appearance tomorrow with a pannier full of mugs for those that have ordered. What time are you talking about and where? TMNH? Depending on how I feel I may have to drive. This is due to the fact that I did my first 200km on Sunday for over a year and can't walk properly right now.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14769 on: 16 June, 2020, 10:17:52 am »
I'm not sure on the location exactly - so will scout it today as I pass through - I'm a bit concerned that a bunch of us turning up on a grass triangle with stoves might cause the natives to become restless... one person brewing up might not attract attention, 4 people cooking tea might do though...

I'm not precious about the location, I just wanna cook me tea outdoors on me Trangia   :thumbsup:

I will make an appearance tomorrow with a pannier full of mugs for those that have ordered. What time are you talking about and where? TMNH? Depending on how I feel I may have to drive. This is due to the fact that I did my first 200km on Sunday for over a year and can't walk properly right now.

At least this time you weren't able to fall out of a train onto a Liverpool Street platform.  One of the few silver linings in the pandemic cloud.  I'm look forward to my mug!

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #14770 on: 16 June, 2020, 10:45:43 am »
I'll try and pop over to see Christophe and collect my mugs.

I'm not sure I'll hang about to watch Septic cook his supper at the roadside.

Isn't there somewhere better to go that doesn't revolve around Septic's eating habits? I got past teenage cooking, well, when I was a teenager.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14771 on: 16 June, 2020, 11:24:42 am »
As long as precipitation is not persisting down I'll probably launch from home about 7:15 (having had my tea) or from the long neglected roundabout launchpad at 7:30 if others wish to meet for a direct attack on TMNH for soon after 8-ish delivery.  I'll have a few tinnies in the Carradice, I might even be able to find a camping stool to bring with me too.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #14772 on: 16 June, 2020, 11:42:38 am »
Wouldn't there be more room and seclusion on the north side of Col du Danbury - eg Danbury Common?
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #14773 on: 16 June, 2020, 11:53:41 am »
The ford on Hurrells Lane always looks popular.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14774 on: 16 June, 2020, 01:02:07 pm »
Wouldn't there be more room and seclusion on the north side of Col du Danbury - eg Danbury Common?

Good idea.  Where precisely?