Author Topic: The Rise (and Fall) of the Suburban Main Battle Tank  (Read 30421 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: The Rise (and Fall) of the Suburban Main Battle Tank
« Reply #250 on: 28 January, 2020, 07:41:03 pm »
Was it in this thread that the increased road noise from the modern trend to wide, shallow tyres was mentioned? UNECE is working on it:
https://www.unece.org/trans/main/wp29/meeting_docs_grb.html
The Working Party on Noise and Tyres (Groupe Rapporteur Bruit et Pneumatiques - GRBP) is a subsidiary body of the World Forum for Harmonization of Vehicle Regulations (WP.29) that prepares regulatory proposals on vehicle noise and tyres for consideration and adoption by WP.29.  To develop those requirements, GRBP conducts research and analysis.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #251 on: 29 January, 2020, 01:26:07 pm »
SiL has just acquired a pickup, it is massive, one of those with a full cab (with ISOFIX, natch).

In his defence, he does run a scaffolding company so is one of the few who can justify it.

« Reply #252 on: 29 January, 2020, 02:34:49 pm »
SiL has just acquired a pickup, it is massive, one of those with a full cab (with ISOFIX, natch).

In his defence, he does run a scaffolding company so is one of the few who can justify it.
I'm surprised at the number of these things I see at our allotment site. I wonder if some of the owners think that they're farmers rather than weekend mud wallowers
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.