Author Topic: YACF LEJoG Relay  (Read 177275 times)

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
Re: YACF LEJoG Relay
« Reply #1100 on: 23 September, 2013, 12:38:48 pm »
Is that Wowbagger in the background, photo-bombing your picture?
Nope. I think it's the 'other' train driver.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #1101 on: 23 September, 2013, 12:41:14 pm »

No, it's a prototype Wowbagger action figure perched on Deano's (is that he?) arm.  I'm reliably informed that Wow has signed a merchandising deal and they'll be in the shops for Christmas.  Expect queues similar to when the Cabbage Patch Dolls were all the rage one festive season many moons ago.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1102 on: 23 September, 2013, 12:44:37 pm »
Come on, OD, that's ludicrous. Who would buy a Wowbagger action figure without a Tilley hat?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1103 on: 23 September, 2013, 12:45:16 pm »

No, it's a prototype Wowbagger action figure perched on Deano's (is that he?) arm.
In that case I reckon we're being severely short-changed in the beard department.

(and yes, that's Deano)

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1104 on: 23 September, 2013, 12:45:57 pm »
Come on, OD, that's ludicrous. Who would buy a Wowbagger action figure without a Tilley hat?
Optional extra, innit - yours for only £99.99 plus £3.68 postage and packing plus 5 tokens from empty cornflake boxes. Please allow up to 14 days for delivery, terms and conditions apply.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #1105 on: 23 September, 2013, 01:07:11 pm »
Like I said, it's a prototype!  Clearly the market-ready version will have a Tilley hat and luxurious facial hair!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1106 on: 23 September, 2013, 02:28:37 pm »
I thought the winter action figure came with a red Altura and matching bobble hat?  The Tilley comes with the summer model...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #1107 on: 23 September, 2013, 02:34:47 pm »
I thought the winter action figure came with a red Altura and matching bobble hat?  The Tilley comes with the summer model...

I gather the standard action figure will come with Wow's summer wardrobe.  The winter wardrobe will be available as an optional extra.  The winter wardrobe is causing problems.  Naturally, for the sake of authenticity, the bobble hat will have to be hand knitted by the inestimable Mrs Wow and there is some doubt as to whether she can keep up with demand.  Morphy the Dog will also be available as an optional extra.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1108 on: 23 September, 2013, 02:42:09 pm »
I'd like to know if there are any other options planned. Presumably there will be a Mrs Wow action figure - will both figures be available in a set complete with tandem? I'd like to suggest some additional extras - a pint of beer, slice of cake and plate of curry. And a tent, obviously.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #1109 on: 23 September, 2013, 03:01:15 pm »
You forgot the copy of the Guardian.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #1110 on: 23 September, 2013, 03:09:46 pm »
I'd like to know if there are any other options planned. Presumably there will be a Mrs Wow action figure - will both figures be available in a set complete with tandem? I'd like to suggest some additional extras - a pint of beer, slice of cake and plate of curry. And a tent, obviously.

Does the tandem come with pre-broken flanges on its Rohloff hub?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1111 on: 23 September, 2013, 03:13:32 pm »

I gather the standard action figure will come with Wow's summer wardrobe.  The winter wardrobe will be available as an optional extra.  The winter wardrobe is causing problems.  Naturally, for the sake of authenticity, the bobble hat will have to be hand knitted by the inestimable Mrs Wow and there is some doubt as to whether she can keep up with demand.  Morphy the Dog will also be available as an optional extra.

That's why the Winter action figure is being issued only as a special Limited Edition.
Getting there...

« Reply #1112 on: 06 October, 2013, 08:14:48 pm »
Yes, the baton is in Darlo.

Here it is at the town clock:

Notice that the baton is smaller than the clock. HOWEVER, in Ham's photo the baton is clearly larger than Big Ben.

Therefore Darlo Town Clock is larger than Big Ben.

So who wants it next? I can deliver it to somewhere Durham-Teesside-Northallerton ish on Saturday, if anyone's around, or I'm riding down to York for Gerry's Autumn Brevet on Sunday.

LEE

« Reply #1113 on: 07 October, 2013, 07:20:45 pm »
Is that Camberwick Green?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1114 on: 07 October, 2013, 07:58:37 pm »
Yes, the baton is in Darlo.

It's been there too long.  Spiders have got to it.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1115 on: 07 October, 2013, 08:00:40 pm »
Is that Camberwick Green?

Well... it _is_ just up the road from Toytown.

LeBaton

• I want to be grasped
« Reply #1116 on: 17 December, 2013, 08:39:48 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KuXXLkmCt8c&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/KuXXLkmCt8c&rel=1</a>

A piece of wood has feelings you know. Bereft and abandoned, not a bauble round my base. It's Christmas and nobody cares for a summer stick.

<sniff>
Stick it to me, yeah!

shyumu

• Paying my TV license by cheque since 1993
    • Balancing on Two Wheels
« Reply #1117 on: 17 December, 2013, 09:35:05 am »
Would love to take the baton for a jolly around Teesside.  I'm available on Wednesday this week.  And I'm off over Christmas so it could possibly do a longer journey to meet another carrier.
a journal of bicycle rides I have enjoyed:

http://balancingontwowheels.blogspot.co.uk/

shyumu

« Reply #1118 on: 19 December, 2013, 09:22:41 am »
A good amount of beer was enjoyed at the handover to the Toytown / Teesside leg of the relay last night.  Weather was darned blustery night, tress down, rain etc.  Looking forward to taking the baton for a jolly around the Tees valley this weekend.  Photos to follow.

LeBaton

• I want to be grasped
« Reply #1119 on: 19 December, 2013, 09:41:55 am »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Stick it to me, yeah!

shyumu

« Reply #1120 on: 24 December, 2013, 03:02:51 pm »
'Twas a dark and stormy night... no really, it was.  I met up with Deano in The Cleveland Bay for a pint.  I was early and set about taking advantage of the guest ale (as an aside, I propose that the formula n+1 might be applied to the number of beers needed in one evening):

And once himself arrived, hand over photography ensued, conscripting the not insubstantial skills of the good lady Landlord. (Handover from Deano to Shyumu in Egglescliffe near Yarm)

I then hid away as the worst of the storms passed over.  Meanwhile some garage based fettling took place, gear cables to be replaced.  Christmas Eve dawned bright and sunny so a test ride with the new cables gave me an opportunity to take Le Baton to Great Ayton.

As well as meeting Captain Cook's lifesize replica we had a special treat when Father Christmas turned up at Suggitts for a coffee.  Le Baton sat by Santa's side and I think there was some whispering about Christmas lists.  It seems Le Baton is on Santa's 'nice' list.

Still a bit of Teesside touring to be done this holiday season, but until then:
Merry Christmas Everyone

Chris S

« Reply #1121 on: 24 December, 2013, 03:05:13 pm »
* like *

« Reply #1122 on: 24 December, 2013, 04:42:08 pm »
Is it wrong to say our Deano seems to be in the early stages of the Santa Clause?

Deano's looking well.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1123 on: 24 December, 2013, 09:56:25 pm »
You're spoiling that baton.

What are the rest of us going to do to entertain it after that ?

shyumu

« Reply #1124 on: 25 December, 2013, 12:13:57 pm »
Merry Christmas to 'Le Baton'... Santa delivered the following gift.

A Spa Day!