Author Topic: The health and fitness thread about random things  (Read 475215 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Reply #3850 on: 11 March, 2022, 07:18:11 pm »
On a related note, expect similar effects from the iron pills.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3851 on: 11 March, 2022, 07:39:09 pm »
Iron stools are black but smear green on loo paper.
Blood-stained poo smears brown...

« Reply #3852 on: 11 March, 2022, 07:45:24 pm »
I still have no idea why my poo is dark. I  haven't had black pudding for quite a few years.
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #3853 on: 15 March, 2022, 05:01:05 pm »
AAA scan completed, and I’m signed off the programme as everything was normal. In and out in 10 minutes.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3854 on: 15 March, 2022, 05:19:37 pm »
AAA scan completed, and I’m signed off the programme as everything was normal. In and out in 10 minutes.

Excellent news!

Happy birthday!!!

« Reply #3855 on: 15 March, 2022, 08:18:11 pm »
I still have no idea why my poo is dark. I  haven't had black pudding for quite a few years.
Beetroot is another one
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #3856 on: 15 March, 2022, 08:27:57 pm »
I seem to be getting weaker as time goes on... Unlike Stu Francis (of Crackerjack1 fame), I doubt I could rip a tissue, crush a grape, or jump over a dolls house.  >:(

1https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stu_Francis

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3857 on: 16 March, 2022, 02:35:15 pm »

:thumbsup:
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #3858 on: 16 March, 2022, 07:13:39 pm »
I haven't had beetroot for ages either, still baffled  ::-).  Still I'm glad that it's all that's baffling me at present. Thanks for the support you all gave me while I was panicking  :)
the slower you go the more you see

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3859 on: 17 March, 2022, 03:46:44 pm »
Cardiac stress test today, ECG perfect.  Then the cardiologist spoils it by saying "your blood pressure was a bit high so we'll get you another appointment and put you a BP Holter on".  Firstly my BP is always "a bit high" in the presence of men in white coats and secondly those bloody gadgets wake you up once an hour all through the night. So either I'll do a good hard unelectric ride the day before or else I'll have a Molsidomine on the day: I won't to be bothered with his bloody arse-protecting performance-killers again.  Last time they not only weren't needed, they cost me a PBP qualification and killed my sex life.

Come to think of it, my stock of Molsidomine comes from a stress test a couple of years ago when he thought my BP was a bit high.  I didn't take them & nothing happened.

He got me so pissed off I forgot to ask if I could do a VO2 max one of these days. Arse.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3860 on: 18 March, 2022, 10:53:28 am »
The effects of age: yesterday the cardiologist took me up to 150W, kept me there for two minutes then said "that's enough", and I agreed with him.  15 years ago, when I was only 60, I did Mont Ventoux with an average of 174W.

« Reply #3861 on: 19 March, 2022, 01:32:02 pm »
Yesterday evening was the first time in two years that I've left the house whilst not wearing a mask.
I went to the pub for a meal with a couple of friends.
Today, I tested negative.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3862 on: 21 March, 2022, 03:05:06 pm »
Wearing the aforesaid BP Holter.  The current "a bit high" measurement was 121/72 mmHg @ 55 bpm.  Slap a vasodilator on top of that and I'll likely keel over every time I stand up, assuming I'm able to.

« Reply #3863 on: 23 March, 2022, 11:01:41 pm »
I did 270 hilly KM and my right knee started to hurt. I then remembered that the last time I was doing 200+in winter tights the same thing happened.  Patellar bursitis from the pressure over the skin I reckon. Crepitus and slightly warm. Taking ibuprofen and hopefully it will settle soon.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3864 on: 24 March, 2022, 03:20:39 am »
I thought you left both Clergymen's and Housemaids' afflictions to your other half... ;) ;D ;D

Hope it's better soon!

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #3865 on: 25 March, 2022, 10:34:58 pm »
I did 270 hilly KM and my right knee started to hurt. I then remembered that the last time I was doing 200+in winter tights the same thing happened.  Patellar bursitis from the pressure over the skin I reckon. Crepitus and slightly warm. Taking ibuprofen and hopefully it will settle soon.

That is annoying and know how painful it can be.

Worst bit is that it may go away by itself or not.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #3866 on: 25 March, 2022, 10:37:09 pm »
Oh how do you identify a bruised or broken coccyx without an xray.  Or if there is anything that can be done till it heals.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3867 on: 25 March, 2022, 11:00:03 pm »
There is little to do.
X-raying is discouraged because it entails a big dose of radiation to the genitals, without really altering management.
Treatment is symptomatic: ring cushion, painkillers and gluteal exercise  (buttock clenches)to bulk out the muscles enough to lift the coccyx off the chair.

Persistent pain can be treated by removing the coccyx surgically, but this is very much a last resort.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #3868 on: 26 March, 2022, 12:28:11 am »
Was playfully thinking of sending you photsos ;)

Edit: of the injury...as I managed to injure myself from my shoulder blades down to my bum.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3869 on: 26 March, 2022, 01:06:41 am »
Injuries to the coccyx are a pain in the arse but most improve over time.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #3870 on: 26 March, 2022, 01:21:04 am »
That might be funny, but not when I have the pain.

Spoke to doctor and the basic commetn seems to be if it hurts when you poo we have to do something.  Other than that there is nothing to do.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3871 on: 26 March, 2022, 10:32:45 am »
Injuries to the coccyx are a pain in the arse but most improve over time.

And some don't. Back in the 60s my dad took the painter of my uncle's dinghy in his hand and hopped over the prow onto the beach.  When he was still in the air a wave lifted the bow and the top of the stem gave him a crushing kick right on the coccyx. The whole boat shuddered, and poor Dad just curled up and rolled on the beach in agony.  A couple of days later he bent over to tie his shoe-lace and popped a disc, giving him sciatica for the rest of his life.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #3872 on: 26 March, 2022, 03:16:37 pm »
You should see my back!

Am more concerned that I blacked out.  But find that it hurts when I sit or lie down.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3873 on: 27 March, 2022, 01:45:05 pm »
Turned over in bed and got the worst vertigo I've ever experienced without the aid of playground equipment.  Turned back and it did it again, but worse.  Had to wake barakta and get her to grab the bin while I kept my head extremely still.

And then it stopped.  No head movement seems to reproduce it.  Autonomic nervous system now hates me (went hot and dripping with sweat, now tired and cold), but seem otherwise okay.

WTF?  This had better not be BPPV.  I've got mild snot, which I take to be early-season hayfever, but ears seem okay.  COVID test in progress negative.

« Reply #3874 on: 27 March, 2022, 06:33:31 pm »
Cured my persistent (2 painful weeks) upper back pain - between my shoulder blades.

I've put a thin pillow under my shoulders in bed and...... duh....... stopped reading the news and YACF on Tapatalk in bed when I wake up in the morning.
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.