General Category > Ctrl-Alt-Del

Help me fix my ipod

(1/2) > >>

Jasmine:
I like listening to my ipod (nano - 1st gen) when I ride (& other times as well).  Problem is, it's borked.  I can get the Apple logo, but no further.  I've tried soft reset, which results in the Apple logo again.  I can't get it to mount to iTunes, or to be recognized by the computer when it's in this stage.  On the Apple website, the helpful suggestion for "my ipod won't mount to iTunes" is to update the software (via iTunes - duh!).  So, I've got it into disk mode and forced a software update and a factory reset of the software - neither fixed the problem.  Now iTunes will recognise it, but tell me it detects an ipod in recovery mode, and it needs to be restored.  I restore it, and it goes back to detecting it in recovery mode (ad nauseum).

So, I have an ipod which can be detected by my computer and iTunes in disk mode, but otherwise I just get the Apple logo on a black screen.  Diagnostic mode on the ipod itself all tests ok, but it won't mount to iTunes and it won't play any songs.  I can use it as file storage, but I want some tunes.

Any ideas anyone? (except get a new one)

nicknack:
Ask Nutty.  ;D

pcolbeck:
Try loading Rockbox instead of the iPod firmware and see if that works 9you can always revert to normal firmware if you don't like it).

Rockbox

kyuss:
Are you using it with windows? If so, there's an interesting article here which might solve it.

nuttycyclist:

--- Quote from: nicknack on 14 April, 2008, 03:42:15 pm ---Ask Nutty.  ;D

--- End quote ---

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

<all that rage has been left in a previous life as I had no chance to pick up my luggage - we don't discuss iStuff any more>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version