Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 147240 times)

Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #600 on: 10 October, 2016, 10:42:13 am »
After  2am bout of IRL bumwee that afflicted me, I had a very lucid dream about having discovered the secret of flight by putting a 10ft long frankfurter between my legs (obviously!).  I was a bit reticent about showing my talent to the world, so I contacted Simon Cowell who arranged for my act to be showcased on Britain's Got Talent by a Spanish transsexual called Ramón.  I spent a few weeks coaching Ramón and he was just about to come out on stage when the alarm went off...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #601 on: 11 October, 2016, 05:57:00 pm »
Waking up in our tent on Sunday, Cudzo Jnr said he had dreamed "about politics and electromagnetism".
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #602 on: 11 October, 2016, 06:37:26 pm »
Waking up in our tent on Sunday, Cudzo Jnr said he had dreamed "about politics and electromagnetism".

Glad it went well! You survived which is always a good start.

fuzzy

« Reply #603 on: 12 October, 2016, 08:35:27 am »
Peter Capaldi has quit and I had been selected as the new Dr Who.

My first scene was the transmogrification from Capaldi Who to Fuzzy Who and my first line was "I hate it when that happens!"

We then did several scenes with me doing quick wardrobe changes and looking disgusted with my options. I insisted on a hat.

Then the Tardis set the alarm off..............

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #604 on: 12 October, 2016, 08:52:56 am »
Make it happen, I want a Fuzzy Who! :)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #605 on: 12 October, 2016, 02:54:47 pm »
Some appalling dickmonkey has added identical matching brick façades to all the houses on the north side of Larrington Gardens Road.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #606 on: 31 October, 2016, 08:08:49 am »
A couple this weekend. Saturday night I was on a coach, and I asked the guy in front of me where we were going, and he replied "St Berwick" which I interpreted as Berwick on Tweed, then I woke up.

And last night, a dream about carrots, and something about them being grown in the dark and turning orange because of the addition of a chemical, plus a machine that appeared to be uprooting them and re-planting them upside down.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

fuzzy

« Reply #607 on: 14 November, 2016, 05:08:16 pm »
I was cycling through a very pleasant Mediterranean coastal town when I spied Fergie of Black Eyed Peas fame, on a balcony overlooking the road, dressed in nowt but a mankini, twerking at me.

As I rode past, I shouted "Thanks Fergie" to which she gave me the thumbs up and said "You're welcome. Chappeau!"

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #608 on: 19 November, 2016, 01:54:13 pm »
A government helicopter was hovering at low altitude over our garden (which was the garden from my childhood home, because this one doesn't have room for a helicopter) taking photos of us through the window.  Because we'd had immigrants round for a barbecue the week before.  I waved and grinned at it.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #609 on: 19 November, 2016, 03:29:32 pm »
I was running away with Jessica Rabbit in last night dream by Peli. Funny thing is that she had no clue who Jessica is and had to look it up when we woke up.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #610 on: 19 November, 2016, 03:30:40 pm »
I was running away with Jessica Rabbit in last night dream by Peli. Funny thing is that she had no clue who Jessica is and had to look it up when we woke up.

At which point the dream made a lot more sense?

« Reply #611 on: 19 November, 2016, 04:01:10 pm »
It was Jessica Rabbit being a supermarket assistant in Whole Foods, probably Portland. I must have been vaguely aware of who JR was.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #612 on: 22 November, 2016, 08:09:43 am »
I was in the USA at a school event for some sort of national celebration. The school was handing out American chocolate bars for the occasion: Nestle.  ??? The stuff full of smarties or similar. But I got something with no name but looking very European in its square cardboard box. Unfortunately it turned out to be white chocolate.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #613 on: 22 November, 2016, 03:37:56 pm »
A nearly-week of being poorly, which has included some spikey temperatures and days of nothing-but-sleep, has led to many of those bizarrely hyper-real dreams.  Woke with a real start from one in which a holiday home we were staying in was burgled - and (actually) had to go and check both Cubs were still OK.

« Reply #614 on: 22 November, 2016, 03:59:21 pm »
I was cycling along, when I was passed by a car. At this point it was raining, the car windows were obscured by raindrops and misted up, with barely discernible faces behind, looking at me. The car passes, and its now fine, the car is a convertible - a Mk 1 Cortina convertible no less, marked by it's rear light clusters.  The road curves left and right. The car starts to spin, it's beck end moving left, it jumps the verge and heads down into a ditch to the right of the road. Oh yes, I'm riding on the right.  I ride past, and see a body floating face down in the large expense of water in the ditch. 

We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #615 on: 22 November, 2016, 04:20:12 pm »
Don't know what I was dreaming last night but I woke us both up howling.

After I had rather intense and vivid dreams, all new subjects. I tend to dream in mini series, as the story/dreams goes on and develop for years. I think my subconscious has got a new script writer.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #616 on: 22 November, 2016, 04:26:32 pm »

She's been to the Wowbagger Academy for Trainee High Court Judges.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #617 on: 28 November, 2016, 01:49:11 pm »
Last night I was recounting to someone the wonderful idea I had had for a story. I had the whole thing sewn up pat, ready to get down as soon as I could get to paper or computer.  I told him the beginning and the middle bit, then realized I had forgotten the end. Then I woke up and forgot the beginning and the middle as well.  :'(
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #618 on: 28 November, 2016, 06:58:50 pm »
I was a total cow to bobb last night, but in my defence, he was being very irritating.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #619 on: 29 November, 2016, 11:59:16 am »
They're just dreams.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #620 on: 09 December, 2016, 09:16:20 am »
A really odd one.

Myself and TLD were in a play park, kicking a cushion around, until it became all tattered and dirty.

Prince Charles turns up tells us that the cushion is a really valuable royal heirloom. He then went to walk away. He got halfway out of the park and picked up an assault rifle. He then started chasing us all around our town.

Then I woke up, more than a little bewildered!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #621 on: 09 December, 2016, 11:51:19 am »
Wow! I'd moderate that plumb porter intake . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #622 on: 09 December, 2016, 12:14:56 pm »
I was in the cab of a lorry with Kajsa Tylen, crossing what could have been the Severn or Humber bridge.  She assured me that she was well inside "the zone" (ie. that bike mileage exceeded motorway mileage by a healthy margin).

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #623 on: 10 December, 2016, 11:39:26 am »
Bobb cashed in all his savings and I sold my flat and we bought a shell of a house in the far south of France which was also Lebanon. It needed lots of work doing to it, and the workies assumed we'd have our bedroom in the hall, and an electrician wired a hotel-style hairdresser into a socket in the hall. Everyone spoke French but I had to wear a burqa outside and had to go to tourist hotels to swim.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #624 on: 10 December, 2016, 11:41:46 am »
First bit sounds good. You can work on the rest!
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.