General Category > GPS

Garmin Edge 510 replacement screen

(1/2) > >>

citoyen:
The wretched dog managed to get hold of my 510 and use it as a chew toy, so now I need to replace the screen...

There seem to be various Chinese sources of "genuine" replacement screens on ebay - are these reliable?

Has anyone else done this before? I've replaced the screens of various phones before, but are there any pitfalls I need to be wary of specific to the 510?

I did have a look at getting it repaired by Garmin but they no longer provide that service for this obsolete device. I've also found an online repair service Nutzzelectronics.co.uk but haven't requested a quote from them yet - has anyone used these people or any similar service you'd recommend?

Hot Flatus:
820 is £141 on Amazon at the moment. That might be useful if factored in.

citoyen:

--- Quote from: Hot Flatus on 29 March, 2019, 02:52:32 pm ---820 is £141 on Amazon at the moment. That might be useful if factored in.

--- End quote ---

Worth knowing, thanks.

Replacement screen is only £35 though, so that will be my first resort. And I really like the 510 - I know lots of people have all sorts of problems with various Garmin devices, but based on my experience with the 510 over the last five years, it seems to be one of the rare examples of Garmin getting it right, so I think it's worth saving if I can...

Phil W:
Assuming it is pre touch screen I would have thought replacement screen would be fairly straight forward.

citoyen:

--- Quote from: Phil W on 29 March, 2019, 04:21:36 pm ---Assuming it is pre touch screen I would have thought replacement screen would be fairly straight forward.

--- End quote ---

It’s a capacitive touch screen. I believe the digitiser and lcd come as a complete unit. Further research suggests it should be an easy job... #famouslastwords

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version