Author Topic: Simple One Pot Dhall  (Read 4640 times)

Ruthie

• Her Majester
Re: Simple One Pot Dhall
« Reply #25 on: 27 January, 2021, 05:14:39 pm »
Used ghee for the first time. It’s a revelation. The crack cocaine of frying.
Milk please, no sugar.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #26 on: 27 January, 2021, 05:56:48 pm »
That it is and shelf stable too!
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #27 on: 31 January, 2021, 07:23:05 pm »
Had a go at the Dhall today, came out OK, will used the remainder as a base to knock up a curry later in the week I think.  :thumbsup:

I used 2 tablespoons of garlic and ginger paste rather than the fresh ginger plus a handful of garlic cloves too.

Enjoyed with some homemade flatbreads painted in butter/garlic/coriander - I am sure this has probably added another kg to me mass! :D
Regards,

Joergen

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #28 on: 31 January, 2021, 08:51:22 pm »
I add lemon juice to my Dhall.

I often do potatoes with it - precook the potatoes for a few minutes less than I would cook them to serve as straight potatoes, then add them to a oil + spice mix - the spice mix is turmeric, freshly ground coriander & cumin, red chili flakes and mustard seeds. pan fry for about 10 minutes.

The other side dish is mushrooms cooked in sesame oil, flavoured with lemon juice, one chopped red chili and bay leaves.  I don't know why it works but it is especially good at freshening up dhall which has been in the fridge for a couple of days (served as a side, not mixed in with the dhall).
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 571 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #29 on: 31 January, 2021, 11:52:01 pm »
Ooh nice!
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium