Author Topic: Accor hotels  (Read 2972 times)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
Accor hotels
« on: 25 December, 2020, 09:36:47 am »

Accor hotel group, owners of Ibis and Ibis budget are known for being very welcoming of cyclists, as well as having hotels with 24 hour check in. Has anyone compiled a GPX with the locations of their hotels in it?

Would be very useful for route planning...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Re: Accor hotels
« Reply #1 on: 25 December, 2020, 12:51:08 pm »
The data is on this page. So it should be possible to pull it out and reformat into GPX format.

https://ibis.accor.com/gb/country/hotels-france-pfr.shtml

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #2 on: 25 December, 2020, 07:00:08 pm »
Don't overlook these brands for cheap hotels - all of which IME are bike friendly  (Tip:  Don't ask about bike storage, just wheel your machine into the room . . . you'll seldom be challenged)

https://hotelf1.accor.com 
https://www.hotel-bb.com/en/france/hotels-france
https://www.kyriad.com/en-us/

. . .  and if you join Accor's membership scheme (free) you earn points and some hotels give a member discounts (often as a "free" breakfast") for pre-booked rooms . . .  and if you can book and pay up-front that's often cheaper.  (Tip: make a booking on a guranteed with a card basis, when you are dead certain of being there make a prepaid booking and cancel the first one  ;) - most bookings can be cancelled up to 1200 on the day)

« Reply #3 on: 25 December, 2020, 08:22:12 pm »
Sorry, no GPX compilation here, but I can confirm that we never had any problem at bringing a tandem into a hotel room, both in  Formule 1 and Ibis Budget hotel. Either the staff don't care, or there is no staff at all.

If you are of the sort of people who can sleep anywhere, Formule 1 hotels are a great value. Otherwise, if you need a more comfortable bed, Ibis Budget is a better option! Also look for Premiere Classe and Campanile hotels, the equivalent of Formule 1 and IbisBudget in a competing group.

A

« Reply #4 on: 25 December, 2020, 11:43:52 pm »
Take care some (Première Class stuffed me like that with a Covi cancellation just at the moment of confinement last march) offer unrefundable offers too low to beat! Sometimes the booking is automatically in this form for the night you want. BITD using B'nB for work we would book and cancel all the time as plans changed on the road. Really handy with the office having the card number and ringing the booking while you drive, sometimes late in the evening. Now I don't do that but having been stung I would pay a lot more attention!

They all have websites with all the hotels on. Most route planning web tools have the total hotel offer as well (and check the access plans to make sure the only way in shown is off a motorway!)

« Reply #5 on: 26 December, 2020, 11:42:36 am »
Accor have some good value for money rooms and as stated they are bike friendly. Be aware though if you join their membership scheme you will be bombarded with emails that you will find it difficult to unsubscribe from.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

« Reply #6 on: 26 December, 2020, 11:58:29 am »

Sorry, no GPX compilation here, but I can confirm that we never had any problem at bringing a tandem into a hotel room, both in  Formule 1 and Ibis Budget hotel. Either the staff don't care, or there is no staff at all.
Same. We're big fans of the F1 breakfast, too. Stock up on pain, confiture abricot et glug away at the cafe au lait.
Location is often some godforsaken industrial estate just off the ring road, but that also means there'll be a Buffalo Grill or Poivre Rouge round the corner.

Worst thing about moving to The Glory Of The North is how far it is to the channel.
Not that we can, now, anyway

« Reply #7 on: 26 December, 2020, 12:11:13 pm »
I used to like F1s but some of the buildings are getting old and stinky and the breakfast has been underwhelming the last couple of times.

Also not giving out towels makes bike touring awkward.

Ibis Budgets are infinitely nicer and usually similar prices.

« Reply #8 on: 26 December, 2020, 12:17:15 pm »
No towels? When did they change that?

« Reply #9 on: 26 December, 2020, 01:00:08 pm »
No towels? When did they change that?

Some do give towels, some don't. I encountered this for the first time last year.

rob

« Reply #10 on: 26 December, 2020, 02:25:02 pm »
I used the Ibis on the edge of Calais on the way to PBP (late sailing out of Dover).

The breakfast is legendary.  Freshly cooked madeleines.....

The fact it’s highly unlikely I will head that way for some time is very depressing.

bairn again

« Reply #11 on: 30 December, 2020, 10:46:52 pm »
I did have a series of gpx tracks from when I rode from Bayonne to Lille in 2016 (Euro Bike Bus from UK down, Eurostar back) but I cant lay my hands on them Im afraid.  I used Accor hotels every night as well, having found their loyalty program to be one of very few worth bothering about.

I found that mixing it up a bit between budget & mid range to help morale, I  recall an especially pleasant Mercure Hotel in Cholet which was pretty central.  Budget hotels tended to be in Zones Industrial on the outskirts of town, but often had a Buffalo Grill or suchlike next door.   

At no stage did I get anything other than a red carpet welcome as a cyclist.

Id do it again in a heartbeat.