Author Topic: Line of Duty S6 ***spoilers***  (Read 10922 times)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Re: Line of Duty S6 ***spoilers***
« Reply #75 on: 26 April, 2021, 11:17:28 am »
No,  Ted will  retire. The others will resign.

There will then be a new series based in Spain where the  ex AC12 team  hunt down retired bent coppers and battle against James Nesbit.

This will probably be on Amazon,

;D

I presume everyone else came to the same conclusion as us - that Thurwell was the 'father figure' in Davidson's early life.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #76 on: 26 April, 2021, 11:56:54 am »
I don't think she's a baddie. She is clearly a careerist, but probably a highly competent detective as well. Her back story is that she's a single parent and carer for an elderly mother, so not the kind of person who wants to spend more time in the office than necessary. She's certainly not a Buckells-type idiot.

Plus her perspective on AC12 is that they're incompetent and pursuing a vendetta, which will be the line she's been fed by the chief constable, but I reckon she'll see some evidence that changes her mind, and then she'll flip into kick-ass mode and start giving Ted her full support.

Yeah, she might well change her mind and join Ted, but everyone would like to see her made a fool of and have that smug grin wiped off her face! Whether or not we'll be given that, who knows?

Edit: There are an awful lot of loose ends to tie up in the last show. Is it only an hour or are we going to get an extended last episode as before I wonder?
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #77 on: 27 April, 2021, 08:24:55 am »
90 minutes apparently...

citoyen

« Reply #78 on: 27 April, 2021, 02:30:17 pm »
'Now we're sucking diesel!'

Out of interest. Why the fuck would you want to suck diesel? Is this something about siphoning it from someone else's tank?

J

I take it to mean "we're increasing our level of effort/accelerating the pace of our investigations" - as in, the engine is working harder, therefore is sucking in diesel at a greater rate.

People also say "now we're motoring" to mean the same thing.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #79 on: 30 April, 2021, 11:08:00 pm »
After my little error in starting to watch S6, we put it on hold after watching the first two episodes.

The plan was to watch 3 and 4 tonight, 5 and 6 tomorrow evening and the finale on Sunday. Having watched 3 and 4 Dr Beardy (Mrs) insisted that we watch another episode even though I protested. I got my own back though. There was absolutely no way we could leave it at the end of E5 when we had E6 locked and loaded there and then. She did protest, even getting as far as standing up, but I prevailed. We’ve now got to wait until Sunday though!

I think that Anne Maxwell Martin is having way to much fun playing Carmichael though.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #80 on: 01 May, 2021, 09:21:45 pm »
90 minutes apparently...

Only an hour, so you’ll have to pay attention, it’ll be a roller coaster!
It is simpler than it looks.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #81 on: 01 May, 2021, 11:21:38 pm »

I watched the trailer for tonights episode on gootube.

Then Youtube recommended me a video about theories of who is H... and another
and another... and holy fuck there's some crazy out there...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #82 on: 01 May, 2021, 11:31:16 pm »
Will we actually find out who the 4th ‘man’ is? Will it all be wrapped up? Or will the BBC pull the finale in support of all those disappointed ITV viewers of Viewpoint?
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

citoyen

« Reply #83 on: 02 May, 2021, 07:58:10 am »
Or will the BBC pull the finale in support of all those disappointed ITV viewers of Viewpoint?

My dad commented that it was very fortunate Noel Clarke wasn’t in LoD.

My wife has been watching Viewpoint. From what I saw, it looked terrible, so pulling it was probably a mercy.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #84 on: 02 May, 2021, 09:46:22 am »
Or will the BBC pull the finale in support of all those disappointed ITV viewers of Viewpoint?

My wife has been watching Viewpoint. From what I saw, it looked terrible, so pulling it was probably a mercy.

Professor Larrington said the same thing re LoD.  And she has been watching “Viewpoint”.  In spite of her leftie academic credentials she was Not Happy.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #85 on: 02 May, 2021, 09:51:23 am »

Professor Larrington said the same thing re LoD.  And she has been watching “Viewpoint”.  In spite of her leftie academic credentials she was Not Happy.

It’s still available on the ITV Hub.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #86 on: 02 May, 2021, 10:00:23 pm »

What?!?!!?!?!

WHAT?!?!!?!?!!!!!one!1111!!!

ffs.
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #87 on: 02 May, 2021, 10:02:12 pm »

What?!?!!?!?!

WHAT?!?!!?!?!!!!!one!1111!!!

ffs.
Well they’ve got to leave it open for the next series.

« Reply #88 on: 02 May, 2021, 10:07:22 pm »
Despite the twitterati being somewhat disappointed the finale wasn't all high drama and "quick exit needed", I thought it was a fitting zeitgeist ending.

« Reply #89 on: 02 May, 2021, 10:12:10 pm »
They’re still out there. It was never going to be that easy.
Move Faster and Bake Things

citoyen

« Reply #90 on: 02 May, 2021, 10:40:14 pm »
Despite the twitterati being somewhat disappointed the finale wasn't all high drama and "quick exit needed", I thought it was a fitting zeitgeist ending.

Agreed. The more I think about it, the more I like it. It’s making the point that it’s not all about big criminal masterminds, just low level endemic corruption.

I’ve criticised the last few series for becoming increasingly far fetched, but this brings it all back to the mundane reality.

Also casts a light on several real life cases.

citoyen

« Reply #91 on: 02 May, 2021, 10:44:33 pm »
They’re still out there. It was never going to be that easy.

Next series: Lomax leads the investigation into Hunter jr and proves Osborne’s involvement in the cover up, while Carmichael, touched by Ted’s confession, develops a conscience and becomes an avenging angel.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #92 on: 02 May, 2021, 11:03:03 pm »
this is our household reply to the seasons ending : meh
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #93 on: 03 May, 2021, 05:23:55 am »
this is our household reply to the seasons ending : meh

Yeah.

« Reply #94 on: 03 May, 2021, 07:05:10 am »
I think they've given us pretty clever resolution to the series. Culprit(s) that almost no-one predicted, yet the evidence was there all along, all with a plausible explanation. And a damning political allegory with Buckells == Boris and institutions marking their own homework.

https://twitter.com/mikegove12/status/1389118533234315265

« Reply #95 on: 03 May, 2021, 07:38:00 am »
Is it ok not to use spoiler tags now? Can’t believe at the end of Line of Duty they pulled out and it was all happening on a microscope slide in an alien lab that was actually in the Middle Ages but everyone was also robots and all cogs came out of their faces. Didn’t see that coming.

« Reply #96 on: 03 May, 2021, 07:41:03 am »
Also, the over-acting by the prison guards was something to behold. "Scowl! No! Scowl more! More!!"

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #97 on: 03 May, 2021, 07:55:14 am »
Hmm - underwhelmed . . .  but it looks like the door is ajar for another go for AC12

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #98 on: 03 May, 2021, 08:56:02 am »
What they should have done. As Jo walk out her house with dog and partner, down that path. A big black SUV should have pulled up and a person steps out and say her name and then they should have cut scene.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #99 on: 03 May, 2021, 11:37:35 am »
It was a realistic ending which is why it’s got some people agitated.

The higher ups are, as is usually the case, more interested in how it reflects on them than whether it’s the best outcome for everyone. The last man standing was the quiet one who didn’t get actively involved in sorting shit out. A reorganisation always looks good to those watching from the outside. All just business as usual in corporate Britain.

It’s just that after the rollercoaster of twists and turns that the various seasons have been, the run into the station at the end was a bit, well, anticlimactic.