Author Topic: Googlemail delivery issues  (Read 623 times)

Googlemail delivery issues
« on: 09 October, 2012, 05:25:18 pm »
So three times in the past week, I've had issues sending emails out using my googlemail account.  I get "The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect"

Now I appreciate that this is the recipient that's having an issue, not me as such, but I've literally never had this before with gmail and now I'm suddenly unable to send 3 emails in the same week-one of them to Twitter's helpdesk!

I have sent others successfully, but only to addresses I've already used before.

Has something changed with gmail recently, making other servers more likely to refuse them?  Is there something I can change in my settings that will make it more likely for my mails to get through?  All three were replies to emails originally sent by the intended recipient-does that make any sort of difference?  I know I've emailed at least one of them successfully before, but it was quite some months ago   ???

With these three, I've managed to resolve each issue by either facebooking (my cousin), calling (idiot editor of local magazine) and resolving the issue myself (Twitter), but what happens if I can't do that with a future one?