Author Topic: Simple WordPress Theme (for personal blogging)  (Read 850 times)

Afasoas

Simple WordPress Theme (for personal blogging)
« on: 04 March, 2014, 03:10:32 am »
I'm on the look out for a recommendation on a simple light WordPress theme for a personal blog.

I'm trying to keep things simple - I've lost days tweaking CSS for my business site, so I'm kinda after something that looks good straight out of the can.

I want it to be a clean and simple design. I'd like a nice sans-serif font and good spacing. Sort of like my business site, but less corporate.

Any suggestions?
Thank You

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
Re: Simple WordPress Theme (for personal blogging)
« Reply #1 on: 04 March, 2014, 06:41:33 am »
I use Pilcrow from Automattic as I like its cleanness and the featured header option. Mind you, 2014 looks good too.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: 04 March, 2014, 09:48:54 pm »
The new WordPress 2014 theme is super clean.  Well worth checking out.
Up the hills and round the bends

fruitcake

• some kind of fruitcake
« Reply #4 on: 18 March, 2014, 12:10:50 am »
I've found Automattic's Twenty Thirteen to be trouble-free for a simple site, though you can't change it (you've got to like orange and brown, okay?) without delving into the code.

I like the themes by Elmastudio. Yoko is their latest free offering and Ari is its predecessor. They're both configurable for colour scheme and number of columns and they play nicely with plugins. White space and sans serif abound.