Author Topic: Chris Hopkinson needs funds to compete in RAAM 2014  (Read 979 times)

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
Chris Hopkinson needs funds to compete in RAAM 2014
« on: 07 May, 2014, 06:44:38 am »
Following Chris on Facebook and he is having trouble raising funds for RAAM this year.
Lets get behind him, it's only £5 a mile - pay via paypal   :thumbsup:

From Chris' facebook page -
"Trying everything I know to sort the final funding out for my RAAM. Still nearly £3000/$5000 short and we are 34days away. Cashed in all my savings - everything! After this year - definitely not doing this again - can't go through this!
For Sale.
I have brand new, unused piccolo for sale, gold plated keys - £200 ono, Armstrong wooden clarinet, gold keywork, hardly used £800.
Corima Aero 12 spoke front wheel with new Continental Competition tubular on - sensible offers???
May yet have to take sensible offers on my Litespeed Ghisallo roadbike - the bike that was in the film 'Bicycle Dreams' that was the first ever bike to finish RAAM with a Brit on it! Complete with Dura Ace 9 speed. Any offers???
Miles still for sale."

"Beginning to get a bit nervous about RAAM. 39days left to go before the start and we are still 1 support crew short, and £3000/$5000 short on budget for petrol/gas/expenses to get the support vehicles and crew across America.
My training and fitness is far and away the best it has ever been and is the least of my worries! I have invested so much time and effort into this year - It is my final big year and I really need it to come off!! We are still awaiting decisions from Nimblewear as to whether they will provide a race strip and then replicas to sell with the sponsors on, if you want your name on it, all you have to do is buy 10miles! Also Rudy Project for providing an aero helmet.
So far there is no budget at all to do Tour of British Columbia!

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
Re: Chris Hopkinson needs funds to compete in RAAM 2014
« Reply #1 on: 07 May, 2014, 06:52:48 am »
Missed this bit off

Miles are still on sale £5/$8 per mile at paypal using my email
hopporaam2005@googlemail.com
All contributions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hoppo