Author Topic: Drone footage of Cheddar Gorge  (Read 3351 times)

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Ruthie

• Her Majester
Re: Drone footage of Cheddar Gorge
« Reply #1 on: 08 December, 2015, 08:38:43 am »
That's lovely.
Milk please, no sugar.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #2 on: 08 December, 2015, 11:29:57 am »
Brings back memories.

I had a pee, followed by a resounding fart, in that car park (37 seconds in) at 3am a few years back.  The fart echoed tremendously well in the deserted gorge.

All these moments lost in time...like tears.. in rain.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3 on: 08 December, 2015, 11:58:04 am »
Great. I'm going to be a bit of a spoilsport though and say that I don't particularly think Cheddar Gorge is good for cycling. Too crowded, no views, etc, and going down it's too twisty and usually has odd winds buffeting you off the walls in a different direction at each twist, and again is too full of tourist cars. Probably empty at 3a.m. though. OTOH I know Feline loves tearing down it but then she a) is a fearless descender b) knows it like the back of her hand.

Anyway, great video, makes it look much better than it does from a bike! Would be great place for walking, actually!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Chris S

« Reply #4 on: 08 December, 2015, 12:11:31 pm »
Thermal Flying - An Eagle's eye view of Cheddar Gorge

I've just spent half an hour being mesmerised by David Linnett's films. Lovely - and I'm really not a fan of climbing.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #5 on: 08 December, 2015, 12:26:39 pm »
Great. I'm going to be a bit of a spoilsport though and say that I don't particularly think Cheddar Gorge is good for cycling. Too crowded, no views, etc, and going down it's too twisty and usually has odd winds buffeting you off the walls in a different direction at each twist, and again is too full of tourist cars. Probably empty at 3a.m. though. OTOH I know Feline loves tearing down it but then she a) is a fearless descender b) knows it like the back of her hand.

Anyway, great video, makes it look much better than it does from a bike! Would be great place for walking, actually!

One way to find out - organise an overnight ride which includes Cheddar Gorge!  I'll be keeping an eye on the Rides section. ;)
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6 on: 08 December, 2015, 12:29:47 pm »
One way to find out - organise an overnight ride which includes Cheddar Gorge!  I'll be keeping an eye on the Rides section. ;)

Isn't this what th Exmouth Exodus is for?  Descending Cheddar Gorge in the dark (and on alternate years, in the pissing rain) at speeds in excess of R17 is one of the highlights.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #7 on: 08 December, 2015, 12:42:50 pm »
The last time I descended it some clown of a coach driver reversed out of a car park into my path.  There is much to be said for a low c of g and a 205mm front rotor squeezed by a 4-piston caliper.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #8 on: 08 December, 2015, 12:44:21 pm »

Isn't this what th Exmouth Exodus is for?  Descending Cheddar Gorge in the dark (and on alternate years, in the pissing rain) at speeds in excess of R17 is one of the highlights.

I was thinking more along the lines of FNRttS rather than DunRun.  But the Exmouth Exodus is on my 'one of these days' list, along with the DumbRun.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #9 on: 08 December, 2015, 06:55:52 pm »

Indeed!  And then pulling into one of those car parks to find Andy Gates & helpers with tea & CAIK !   
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark