Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1575825 times)

Steve Kish

• World's No. 1 moaner about the weather.
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #25 on: 24 April, 2011, 10:36:34 pm »
WTF can't I find a decent 27.2 black seat pillar that I like for sensible dosh? :-\
Old enough to know better!

« Reply #26 on: 24 April, 2011, 10:52:23 pm »
You moaning minnies........we have just had the most fab weather since .......Shakespeare. It will now piss it down for the rest of the summer a la 2007.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

essexian

« Reply #27 on: 25 April, 2011, 07:27:45 am »
Wilkinsons, Wickes and B&Q.

Is it just too difficult or can't you be bothered to put your Easter opening hours on your websites. Tescos has done so.

Sigh.

« Reply #28 on: 25 April, 2011, 05:08:30 pm »
The "box" plants I found growing in the rose bed and used to fill in gaps between the other boxes are, my mother informs me, cotoneasters.  I wondered why they didn't grow at the same time of year as the boxes...

But Cotoneasters are good, lots of berries for the birds, and spread like billyoh so more plants are always an option.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #29 on: 25 April, 2011, 07:28:04 pm »
Cheapo Argos trampoline makers: There were 42 springs to put on that feckin' trampoline and they had to be done in a set order, didn't they? It would have been soooo much easier if you had taken the small amount of time & effort to number the d-rings and the holes on the pad, so I knew which one to insert & when.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #30 on: 25 April, 2011, 11:38:48 pm »
The "box" plants I found growing in the rose bed and used to fill in gaps between the other boxes are, my mother informs me, cotoneasters.  I wondered why they didn't grow at the same time of year as the boxes...

But Cotoneasters are good, lots of berries for the birds, and spread like billyoh so more plants are always an option.

Honey bees are also very fond of cotoneasters.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #31 on: 26 April, 2011, 10:33:17 am »
On -line car insurance proceedure.Mealy mouthed Dick Turpin Ltd failed to take £100 more than the quoted premium from my bank account only after a phone call to Customer dusService drone >:(

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #32 on: 26 April, 2011, 06:54:56 pm »
New fish tank delivered this afternoon.  Came with free value added crack in the plastic trim at the front right corner of the tank.   >:(
Luckily the supplier says they will arrange a swap over with a new tank  :thumbsup:  Except this royal wedding will no doubt postpone things until the end of next week.   >:(

But it's a nice sunny evening though!  :thumbsup:

« Reply #33 on: 27 April, 2011, 08:40:16 am »
Argos: I have lots to do today. Very lots. When I order something from you over the wonder of t'interweb you tell me it will be here between 7am & 6pm, BUT you usually text me to narrow down that ludicrously wide slot to something much more accurate. You haven't done that this time & I am really wanting to get out and get things done. Bah!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #34 on: 27 April, 2011, 08:46:23 am »
I have just made what has to be officially the worst cup of coffee ever![1]

Tiermat's House of Fine Coffee might be taking a bit of a nose dive!!!!

[1] Almost definately my fault, I thought I would finish off the end of the packet of Lavazza before opening the last packet of Monsoon Malabar.  Bad move, and it reminds me I need to get another order into Coffeebeanshop
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #35 on: 27 April, 2011, 09:01:41 am »

[1] Almost definately my fault, I thought I would finish off the end of the packet of Lavazza before opening the last packet of Monsoon Malabar.  Bad move, and it reminds me I need to get another order into Coffeebeanshop

:o

Although actually I suspect that my current cup of cheap'n'nasty staffroom instant is an infinitely worse beverage.  Although it probably fails on the 'being a cup of coffee' front and therefore comparing would be comparing apples and oranges. 

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #36 on: 27 April, 2011, 09:03:19 am »

:o

Although actually I suspect that my current cup of cheap'n'nasty staffroom instant is an infinitely worse beverage.  Although it probably fails on the 'being a cup of coffee' front and therefore comparing would be comparing apples and oranges. 

That would be synthi-synthi-synthi-caff [1]

[1] Obviously a Judge Dredd reference :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #37 on: 27 April, 2011, 12:46:28 pm »
Argos: I have lots to do today. Very lots. When I order something from you over the wonder of t'interweb you tell me it will be here between 7am & 6pm, BUT you usually text me to narrow down that ludicrously wide slot to something much more accurate. You haven't done that this time & I am really wanting to get out and get things done. Bah!

Well, I went out to the LBS and M&S and got sorted and got back at 11.35. At 11.40 the doorbell goes and it is Mr HDN/Argos with my package. Now that's what I call luck! No advance notice, nothing like it used to be.

« Reply #38 on: 27 April, 2011, 12:47:21 pm »
Will it ever stop raining? I don't think there's been 1 weekend without rain this year.   
@SandyV1 on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/SandyV1

« Reply #39 on: 27 April, 2011, 12:49:57 pm »
I would love a bit of rain. Especially torrential downpours in London on Friday...

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #40 on: 27 April, 2011, 12:57:14 pm »
B&Q - get a grip on SI units.  Your water butt tap is HOW big?:
B&Q Online: From Kitchens & Bathrooms to Sheds & Paving; plus planning tools

:o ::-)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #41 on: 27 April, 2011, 01:12:25 pm »
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #42 on: 27 April, 2011, 01:32:27 pm »
BBBIIIIIGGGGG tap!
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #43 on: 27 April, 2011, 01:42:23 pm »
You need a big tap if you've got a big butt...
Getting there...

« Reply #44 on: 27 April, 2011, 01:52:56 pm »
Does my butt look big?
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #45 on: 27 April, 2011, 02:08:55 pm »
Bloody puncture fairy, piss off and leave me alone. I don't need the practise anymore.

« Reply #46 on: 27 April, 2011, 02:42:31 pm »
Mate on cycle ride: I know you don't do this very often, but saying "Oh, I've got a mini pump just like yours!" (I doubt it, actually) and, when being asked to produce it so I don't have to convert my fiddly bit from presta to schrader, please don't say "Oh, I haven't got it, it's at home!". It's not exactly a heavy burden is it, FFS?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #47 on: 27 April, 2011, 05:40:24 pm »

;D

ISTR 100 litre tubes of toothpaste being offered for sale somewhereplace...

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #48 on: 27 April, 2011, 05:44:47 pm »
Utah?

« Reply #49 on: 27 April, 2011, 06:52:24 pm »

..at least they advertise it as being waterproof!

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."