Author Topic: Map of the french rail network  (Read 1805 times)

Map of the french rail network
« on: 14 January, 2021, 08:33:38 pm »
 https://ferrocarta.net/france/

Be aware that this is the SNCF network and that some of these will be substitute coach services  (I am fairly certain that Limoges-Brive for example is a coach service at least some of the time). Check before assuming that any particular service, even TER will take your bike in whatever way you want it to travel

Re: Map of the french rail network
« Reply #1 on: 25 January, 2021, 06:35:08 pm »
France seems such a long way off these days :(
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #2 on: 25 January, 2021, 10:44:57 pm »
I'm currently working on possible trips to replace my cancelled Huge Interrail Expedition - trying to find out if bus substitution services exist in reality, as opposed to a paper promise of a service is something of a challenge!
My most recent (yesterday) fantasy leg was Oloron-Saint-Marie to Canfranc.
Oh yes, it appears to both exist, and never run.
If it ever comes to making some of these journeys I can envisage some 'interesting' phone calls to local tourist offices as being the only solution.
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

« Reply #3 on: 01 February, 2021, 05:47:55 pm »
I'm not all that well travelled but I've been to the massive central a bit and you can fly direct to rides, I'd certainly recommend cycling in that area and towards Aurillac. It's very quiet and has lots of hills with lovely cafes too. There is also the possibility of a direct train from Paris to figeac and cycle from there.