Author Topic: Bought any photography stuff today?  (Read 169174 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Bought any photography stuff today?
« Reply #350 on: 05 March, 2014, 10:56:27 am »
Nice bag.  I much prefer a backpack to an obvious camera bag (though I use my everyday bag with padded bags inside).

And, er, doesn't that Roundflash block your rangefinder windows? ;D
Getting there...

« Reply #351 on: 05 March, 2014, 07:49:12 pm »
Sony NEX 6 with 16-50mm kit lens and additional 55-210mm lens. (See CSC thread).

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #352 on: 05 March, 2014, 10:43:49 pm »
Mobius Action Camera (from JooVuu) to fly on the drone: £60 HD video, stills and timelapse. 40 grammes, takes a micro-SD card.  It's the size of a matchbox, so it's much like the innards of a cheaper GoPro. 

Optional waterproof case makes it much like a whole GoPro :D
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #353 on: 06 March, 2014, 01:38:51 pm »
Can't remember how much the Gopro weighs, but it must be a fair bit more than that.  I'm pretty pleased with it, though! so far it has only been used perched onto a bit of a historic building taking video of Regency dancing, and shoved into a loft space on a stick, to save me the effort of going up there.   I will soon buy an R/C rock crawler, which will be used to take the camera a few places where I can't legally access, hopefully without being noticed, or run over by a steam train...
Wombat

« Reply #354 on: 19 March, 2014, 07:03:58 pm »
An unused (undrilled) pre-1989 black absolutely like-new Linhof Technika lens board. My very first piece of Linhof gear. My only fear―rather than the (un)availability of sheet film―is that getting together the rest of the parts for a working camera, even on eBay, even in this dark age of digital photography, is going to set me back a sum that could easily buy a rather nice bespoke bicycle.
"There is nothing nothing nothing wrong with spending money on a bike."--R. Ballantine

IanN

• Voon
« Reply #355 on: 19 March, 2014, 08:56:02 pm »
My only fear―rather than the (un)availability of sheet film―is that getting together the rest of the parts for a working camera, even on eBay, even in this dark age of digital photography, is going to set me back a sum that could easily buy a rather nice bespoke bicycle.

Depends...  if you are set on Linhof, a Technikarden S will cost you, but a Technika should be reasonable-ish. Aperture has one. Not sure if that is hideously overpriced.

I bought my first 5x4 - a Shen Hao folding field camera and a schneider 150 for (I think) £450. Takes technika lens boards...
LFphoto forum has good classifieds

I'd forgotten how much i like the Technikarden S. Doh!
If I bankrupt myself it will all be your fault!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #356 on: 19 March, 2014, 09:55:35 pm »
That's pretty cool.

By complete contrast, I've just bought an Olympus 35RD rangefinder.  I've wanted one for a while.  It's a very nice piece of engineering.

The seller also included a spare battery, hotshoe blanking plate, UV filter and lens cap.

I've cleaned it up (didn't need much), and it will be taking photos of Southwark in the morning.
Getting there...

« Reply #357 on: 19 March, 2014, 10:13:58 pm »
I'd forgotten how much i like the Technikarden S. Doh! If I bankrupt myself it will all be your fault!
The Technikardan is a lovely piece of equipment but, IMO, is a camera best suited for use inside the studio only. I would prefer something more appropriate for use out in the field, and am consequently set on a Technika. Also, for cycle trips, (trans)portability is an important consideration. But I would like to get by without a large-format enlarger, at least initially, so I'm looking for a 5x7.
"There is nothing nothing nothing wrong with spending money on a bike."--R. Ballantine

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #358 on: 20 March, 2014, 11:08:00 am »
Thumb-up grip for the missus's X100.  I'm hoping she'll take a photo any day now.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #359 on: 20 March, 2014, 03:41:57 pm »
I'd forgotten how much i like the Technikarden S. Doh! If I bankrupt myself it will all be your fault!
The Technikardan is a lovely piece of equipment but, IMO, is a camera best suited for use inside the studio only. I would prefer something more appropriate for use out in the field, and am consequently set on a Technika. Also, for cycle trips, (trans)portability is an important consideration. But I would like to get by without a large-format enlarger, at least initially, so I'm looking for a 5x7.
As an architectural photographer, I used the original Technikardan 45 for many years. It has a fantastic range of movements and I found it to be a brilliant camera to use out in the field...
instagram / twitter: @bluemcardle

paul851

« Reply #360 on: 20 March, 2014, 09:22:16 pm »
I was looking on Ebay for a scanner for 35mm and medium format to replace my ancient (in computer terms) Epson 1240 and somehow ended up with a Mamiya M645 1000s with a couple of lenses (55mm and 210mm) a flash and a CDS prism finder  ??? just need to find an 80mm lens and a 150mm f3.5 would be quiet nice  ;D

Paul

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #361 on: 20 March, 2014, 10:16:04 pm »
Happy accident.
Getting there...

« Reply #362 on: 21 March, 2014, 06:45:29 pm »
Three Linhof film holders (13 cm x 18 cm).  :D

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #363 on: 29 March, 2014, 09:30:39 pm »
Bunch of protection foils for LCDs. Been remiss in getting them for the last 4 or 5 cameras.  All LCDs should be Gorilla glass, anyway.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #364 on: 29 March, 2014, 11:42:28 pm »
A few weeks ago I bought a new tripod. Manfrotto 055XPROB or some such. It is quite solid. And quite awesome. And with a horizontal column.

I will get quite fit carrying it around. quite.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #365 on: 30 March, 2014, 08:58:02 am »
Got one of those. I think. Leaves interesting indentations in the shoulder.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #366 on: 31 March, 2014, 03:37:50 pm »
Sold all my DX kit on eBay last week and just picked up a lightly used Nikon D3s with less than 10k on the clock.

I'd been considering a D800 last year, but having shot with a hired one a few times, I didn't like it a great deal and decided to go for the older tech.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #367 on: 31 March, 2014, 03:44:54 pm »
Sold all my DX kit on eBay last week and just picked up a lightly used Nikon D3s with less than 10k on the clock.

Fantastic.  I really miss the ergonomics of my 1D bodies (fitting a grip to it helps, but it's not quite the same..)

« Reply #368 on: 31 March, 2014, 04:12:22 pm »
I'd been considering a D800 last year, but having shot with a hired one a few times, I didn't like it a great deal and decided to go for the older tech.
Nice, yours is not even run in yet :)
instagram / twitter: @bluemcardle

David Martin

« Reply #369 on: 31 March, 2014, 05:07:27 pm »
Just asked the techs to order a microscope adapter for the D610. That should be fun.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #370 on: 31 March, 2014, 05:41:23 pm »
Ooooh!  Fun toy!
Getting there...

David Martin

« Reply #371 on: 31 March, 2014, 10:21:16 pm »
We have plans to up-awesome our first year and that will require better documentation of detail of small wriggly and hoppy things. It will also probably involve pissing off some rather eminent experts in their field when we finally get round to sequencing said small hoppy/crawly/swimmy things and demonstrating that what were thought to be distinct features doe to some arcane morphometrics are genetically identical and probably the same species. Or DNA sequence things that have never been described before in such a way. Awesome will become somewhat mundane.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #372 on: 31 March, 2014, 10:32:17 pm »
Fantastic.  I really miss the ergonomics of my 1D bodies (fitting a grip to it helps, but it's not quite the same..)

Hoyuss!

Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Jakob

« Reply #373 on: 10 April, 2014, 10:26:35 pm »
My new Olympus E-M10 arrived today, whee!.
Initially thought it had a dodgy LCD screen, until I realized that it was the viewfinder proximity sensor turning it off!.
Pictures will be taken.
(edit: picture of said camera added)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #374 on: 11 April, 2014, 10:33:49 am »
*jealous*

I was up in that London the other day, and had a play with some OMDs.
Getting there...