Author Topic: Grants for cycle parking  (Read 443 times)

Grants for cycle parking
« on: 26 October, 2023, 03:43:35 pm »
I made a booking for a room recently at a near by community centre and asked about cycle parking for visitors. There was none; they were happy for one or two to be brought into the foyer (behind a key-pad door) for security and said they would like to investigate better provision.
I gave them a few do's and don'ts and pointed out a possible location. I will be letting them have a contact in the local council who should be able to help further, does anyone know of any current sources of finance for community centres that might help with improving cycle facilities?

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Grants for cycle parking
« Reply #1 on: 26 October, 2023, 04:38:47 pm »
We got some money for cycle racks from a post COVID grant fund called something like Build Back Better
It is simpler than it looks.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #2 on: 26 October, 2023, 04:56:27 pm »
We got some money for cycle racks from a post COVID grant fund called something like Build Back Better
With the amount of bounce back loan fraud after COVID I would doubt any funding at all is available now

Well, doubt away.

In the meantime graculous could investigate with his local Town/District/Borough council.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #3 on: 26 October, 2023, 06:48:24 pm »
Thanks Jaded. Googling BBB seems to indicate it was money distributed to councils to spend as they saw fit; the latest reference to it I could find was in 2022 so it may be that it is all spent now. I'll pass it on with that caveat. The centre does have some connection with the council as the PLI that hiring groups can piggyback onto is provided by the council, I don't know if they are actually council-funded in any way.