Author Topic: The Good News Thread  (Read 1164753 times)

Tim

Re: The Good News Thread
« Reply #3775 on: 27 April, 2011, 04:34:52 pm »
2009 Ford Mustang V6: 210 bhp.
2011 Ford Mustang V6: 305 bhp.

Result :thumbsup:
If only you had a closed section of straight road to see how fast you could make it go...

Oh gods, he's not in the land of HPVing again, is he?
Well BM is not until September, but it would be a hunch that it could be related.

Marco Stefano

• Apply some pressure, you lose some pressure...
« Reply #3776 on: 28 April, 2011, 10:47:26 am »
Two temporary members of staff leaving today.

That means two home-made fruit cakes to get through. 

:thumbsup:

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3777 on: 28 April, 2011, 11:00:01 am »
My GPS app has been deemed suitable for sale by the Jobsian App Review Mafia ;D

Now to find out how to get the promo codes so that my loyal testing team don't have to pay for it :)

Cool!  Do you have an App Store link, or at least a name to search, for the rest of us?
The app is called "Rubidium" but I'm informed that the App Store link may take up to 24hrs to become live. I do get 50 promo codes which allow a free download (the app is priced at £1.19) - I've set 10 of these aside for my testing team, so there are potentially 40 up for grabs.

The 'support' site (which evidently got the Fruit Company's seal of approval) is at interzen.co.uk::iOS Apps - I'll put the App Store link up there when I know what it is.

It's there now!

59p?!

That's outrageous.

Pens a letter to The Times.  ;D

I'm going to try it out out right now. Back later  :thumbsup:
It is simpler than it looks.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3778 on: 28 April, 2011, 11:09:23 am »
2009 Ford Mustang V6: 210 bhp.
2011 Ford Mustang V6: 305 bhp.

Result :thumbsup:
If only you had a closed section of straight road to see how fast you could make it go...

Oh gods, he's not in the land of HPVing again, is he?

Not for another four and a bit months but I like to book things early...
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Good news thread
« Reply #3779 on: 28 April, 2011, 12:30:41 pm »
We had minor difficulty with gits on the train, insisting on using a door containing our laden bikes. When we got off at Lpoo st a besuited chap helped us off the train and said "don't worry about silly people like them. Where do the expect you to put your bikes?" Encouraging, that.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Re: Good news thread
« Reply #3780 on: 28 April, 2011, 12:32:05 pm »
We had minor difficulty with gits on the train, insisting on using a door containing our laden bikes. When we got off at Lpoo st a besuited chap helped us off the train and said "don't worry about silly people like them. Where do the expect you to put your bikes?" Encouraging, that.

It is always good to interact with decent people though, it stops the encounters with their opposites from prevailing in the memory.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #3781 on: 28 April, 2011, 12:34:57 pm »
Spotted this on the Wychwood Brewery site     Embrace the Dark Side T-shirt | Wychwood Shop  I shall have to have one as it covers two of my main hobbies
                                             ;D
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #3782 on: 28 April, 2011, 12:56:46 pm »
59p?!

That's outrageous.

Pens a letter to The Times.  ;D

I'm going to try it out out right now. Back later  :thumbsup:
I'm rich! Rich, I tells ya! Mwaaahahahahahaha!  ;D

I changed the pricing this morning because SWMBO reminded me that I said I'd only sell it for 99p or therabouts. Since Apple don't offer a 99p pricing option I opted for 99c, which is 59 of your English pence.

Think I'll go and look at some yachts now ;)

« Reply #3783 on: 28 April, 2011, 03:53:27 pm »
1) Dock arrived for new laptop, most stuff migrated. Quad core shininess and more than double the memory.

2) Extended commute (20km) via West Norwood to pick up mounting bar for Weeride child seat. Baby GB goes to nursery on the bike from next Wednesday (which means I don't lose two days cycle commuting).

3) Streetcar called to say the car we'd booked for tomorrow has a problem so they've bumped us up to a BMW 1 series for no extra cost (and it is closer).

4) Hip flexor muscle did not complain about 20km commute. Looking good for the 400 this weekend.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #3784 on: 28 April, 2011, 04:04:53 pm »
A teacher just brought me cake.

Rhubarb muffin.

It's rather nice.

« Reply #3785 on: 28 April, 2011, 04:20:14 pm »

Rhubarb muffin.

It's rather nice.

The correct compliment is to ask for the recipe

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #3786 on: 28 April, 2011, 04:21:39 pm »

Rhubarb muffin.

It's rather nice.

The correct compliment is to ask for the recipy
And then post said recipe to the What to do with .... rhubarb? thread :)

« Reply #3787 on: 29 April, 2011, 05:02:08 pm »
The Half Man Half Biscuit gig in Leicester was jolly good last night.

The Criterion pub, though architecturally uninspiring, was a good pre-gig booze & food stop and I got a lift home after, so I could sleep in my own bed.

Have got to 5pm without seeing a single second of today's event, which was disparagingly referenced in the gig several times.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #3788 on: 01 May, 2011, 09:33:10 pm »
I've submitted my book to the publisher.  :thumbsup:
At last. What a relief - that was harder than finishing my PhD.

« Reply #3789 on: 01 May, 2011, 09:40:47 pm »
I've submitted my book to the publisher.  :thumbsup:
At last. What a relief - that was harder than finishing my PhD.

Congratulations :)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #3790 on: 02 May, 2011, 08:51:34 am »
It's Easter Sunday so I'm drinking coffee again! Opened the packet of Lewis and Cooper's house blend I've been saving and have indulged, several times. What's more, it's nearly a year till Lent comes round again and I'm told what I'm giving up.

Lent ends on Palm Sunday. You're a week late.

Err... Lent runs from Ash Wednesday until Holy Thursday.  Strictly speaking, Lenten observances should be maintained for the first two days of the Triduum, until 6.00p.m. on Easter Saturday, which is when Easter Sunday begins (the church day runs from sunset to sunset).
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #3791 on: 02 May, 2011, 09:02:11 am »
It's Easter Sunday so I'm drinking coffee again! Opened the packet of Lewis and Cooper's house blend I've been saving and have indulged, several times. What's more, it's nearly a year till Lent comes round again and I'm told what I'm giving up.

Err... Lent runs from Ash Wednesday until Holy Thursday.  Strictly speaking, Lenten observances should be maintained for the first two days of the Triduum, until 6.00p.m. on Easter Saturday, which is when Easter Sunday begins (the church day runs from sunset to sunset).

Yep, that is how I observe it  O:-)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Good news thread
« Reply #3792 on: 02 May, 2011, 04:24:44 pm »
Thinking that rhubarb muffin sounds akin to some of the root vegetable threads which have made this place legendary.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #3793 on: 02 May, 2011, 04:24:59 pm »

Yep, that is how I observe it  O:-)

Strictly speaking Lent doesn't include the Sundays though.. (40 days from ash wednesday to easter saturday)
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3794 on: 03 May, 2011, 09:59:12 am »
My new stock of Monsoon Malabar has been shipped!

From tomorrow I will be able to ditch the thin, yucky Sainsbury's Espresso coffee for my favorite deep, rich brew!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3795 on: 03 May, 2011, 02:23:38 pm »
Having been to a BBQ at the weekend where there was a bouncy castle, I have managed to persuade Mrs T that we should get one for my b'day party in August :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Si_Co

« Reply #3796 on: 03 May, 2011, 04:27:28 pm »
I have a lab!

doesn't time fly when you've got something to do!

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #3797 on: 03 May, 2011, 04:34:24 pm »
Life is very strange  ;D.

I just heard back from my recruitment agency (re: my job interview last week) and they have decided to give the job to someone else. However, they liked me and want to offer me another librarian role, which is full-time hours (as opposed to the part-time I'd just applied for). It's a 5 month contract but its a start  :thumbsup:

« Reply #3798 on: 03 May, 2011, 04:39:32 pm »
^ very good news  :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3799 on: 03 May, 2011, 04:39:49 pm »
:thumbsup:
Getting there...