Author Topic: The Good News Thread  (Read 1164582 times)

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
Re: The Good News Thread
« Reply #3975 on: 07 June, 2011, 07:19:25 pm »

I don't really know if this is good news or bad news, I'm now a platinum customer at Wiggle.  :-\

-

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3976 on: 07 June, 2011, 08:01:09 pm »
Best wishes to Oli.
Getting there...

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #3977 on: 07 June, 2011, 08:08:42 pm »
In the supermarket, a shopper asked me "Have you just cycled through Chester Green?".  When I said "yes" he replied "How did you get here so fast?  You must have been going some."

I explained about the new bling n+1.  We also chatted about how instantly recognisable the NorthWave skeleton jerseys are.

*Smug mode*
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3978 on: 07 June, 2011, 08:24:39 pm »
You is fast!
Getting there...

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #3979 on: 07 June, 2011, 09:32:45 pm »
My l'il sis came to see us yesterday evening, to return a coat that m'boy had left behind at her place when visiting at the weekend.

She went for a bike ride on Sunday, for the first time in years.  Only as far as jupiter, but that's was still a 4 or 5 mile round trip.  Not bad for a first go :)

She is considering, if she can get enough practice goes in, joining us for at least some of the compact and bijou night ride from York Rally!  This may involve us swapping bikes, so that she rides Valencia and I win the shopper for the night  :thumbsup:

« Reply #3980 on: 07 June, 2011, 09:44:42 pm »
My l'il sis came to see us yesterday evening, to return a coat that m'boy had left behind at her place when visiting at the weekend.

She went for a bike ride on Sunday, for the first time in years.  Only as far as jupiter, but that's was still a 4 or 5 mile round trip.  Not bad for a first go :)

She is considering, if she can get enough practice goes in, joining us for at least some of the compact and bijou night ride from York Rally!  This may involve us swapping bikes, so that she rides Valencia and I win the shopper for the night  :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3981 on: 08 June, 2011, 02:42:56 pm »

\o/ glad it's still getting used :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

tiermat

« Reply #3982 on: 08 June, 2011, 02:44:41 pm »
On this day, 9 years ago I stood nervously awaiting Mrs T, so that I could let her know that I would commit my life to her forever.

Then we had a fantastic party which seemed to go on for days, but in reality was just 12 hours :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3983 on: 08 June, 2011, 02:56:24 pm »
That's very good news.  Of course, these nine years are just the very beginning.

And you have a TLD now who missed that party, but can celebrate with you now :)
Getting there...

« Reply #3984 on: 08 June, 2011, 03:08:24 pm »
Nervously ? I was racked with fear that Barbara had seen through me and wouldn't turn up, she did (and hadn't), crackin   ;D

On this day, 9 years ago I stood nervously awaiting Mrs T, so that I could let her know that I would commit my life to her forever.

Then we had a fantastic party which seemed to go on for days, but in reality was just 12 hours :)
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3985 on: 08 June, 2011, 03:09:41 pm »
No chance of Butterfly not turning up - we tandemmed to the Register Office ;D
Getting there...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3986 on: 08 June, 2011, 04:19:17 pm »
I made the mistake of having the stag night the night before the wedding ::-)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3987 on: 08 June, 2011, 05:15:22 pm »
No chance of Butterfly not turning up - we tandemmed to the Register Office ;D

We could have surreptitiously put Teethgrinder on the back instead.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #3988 on: 08 June, 2011, 05:32:04 pm »
I made the mistake of having the stag night the night before the wedding ::-)
I made the mistake(?) of having a stag do, but no wedding :)
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #3989 on: 08 June, 2011, 07:51:28 pm »
A week from now bobb will be here.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #3990 on: 08 June, 2011, 07:57:47 pm »
The initial version of the Velo Vision iPhone app has *finally* made it into the review queue at Fruit Company HQ.

Bloody well took 'em long enough! (perhaps this should be a rant, instead)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #3991 on: 09 June, 2011, 06:06:17 pm »
I sent my passport renewal application away less than 2 weeks ago and the new passport arrived today. Excellent service.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #3992 on: 09 June, 2011, 06:26:17 pm »
I sent my passport renewal application away less than 2 weeks ago and the new passport arrived today. Excellent service.

Ohhh thanks for that, I must find my passport and check it is actually in date  :-\

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #3993 on: 09 June, 2011, 08:13:11 pm »
The car doesn't need a new alternator after all.
Plus, the LBS has the orange B17 I ordered in stock  ;D

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #3994 on: 09 June, 2011, 08:31:12 pm »
Dr RJ's back  :) :)

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3995 on: 10 June, 2011, 03:13:15 pm »
POETS day began two hours ago

tiermat

« Reply #3996 on: 10 June, 2011, 03:15:27 pm »

Lucky you, I am currently in a boring IM chat regarding some blade centre work that hasn't worked!!

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #3997 on: 10 June, 2011, 03:40:34 pm »
I had my formal appraisal.

I was told that my assessment of my performance as "met expectations" was wrong....

...I have "greatly exceeded expectations".   :thumbsup:

I also definitely have a  job until March 2012 - and longer if the SHA hangs on for another year. - plus I may be getting a pay rise (subject to working through the labarynthine bureaucracy  that is HR these days).

Plus they're putting me forward for several national projects, so that I can get my foot in the door, with an eye to the end of the transition period.

Today has been made of WIN!   :D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3998 on: 10 June, 2011, 04:15:06 pm »

Lucky you, I am currently in a boring IM chat regarding some blade centre work that hasn't worked!!

Yes indeed.It's an advantage of working from home & being self employed.It is a double-edged sword that cuts both ways however:I do get phone calls beyond normal office hours(in the evening & into the night as well as early morning).Plus it is sometimes difficult to sit in the lounge relaxing,knowing that there is something that is" in the office" needing attention,irrespective of the time of day/evening/night

« Reply #3999 on: 10 June, 2011, 05:56:57 pm »
They've just fitted cyclehoops to the sign posts outside my work :)