Author Topic: Labral tear of the Hip  (Read 12823 times)

Re: Labral tear of the Hip
« Reply #50 on: 13 March, 2015, 09:46:08 am »
Well, the hip could have been jarred by the off, although it sounds as if it's a different kind of problem really?

Hopefully you're feeling a bit better today, now that you're commuting by bike again?

« Reply #51 on: 13 March, 2015, 11:41:03 am »
Yes, back on the bike so no uncomfortable bus seats and walking to the bus stop which helps

« Reply #52 on: 26 April, 2018, 12:42:32 pm »
And time to resurrect this thread again.

I got out of my Car on Tuesday and nearly fell to the ground as my bad hip almost collapsed under me. It's been sore ever since, has become rather more clicky again and this morning I resorted to my old stash of Co-codamol (expires 10/2018).

Will see how I cope today but will probably have to go back to the GP for a new referral as the open appointment is not indefinite.

« Reply #53 on: 21 June, 2018, 06:19:43 pm »
Continuing this log.

Todays appointment was an unsurprising but useless visit to fracture clinic to see an orthopedic physio, take an updated history and a new xray. It was just an exercise in hoop jumping that triaged the referal to orthopedics. This is what i feared and expected.

Now i get to wait two weeks while two consultants decide who i should see and for a letter with the next appointment.

« Reply #54 on: 21 June, 2018, 11:05:26 pm »
Are you sure you should be jumping hoops when you have a labral tear of the hip?

Sorry, Matthew, I couldn't help it.

You have my sympathy. I have done something similar to my knee and it is maddening, being unable to exercise, etc.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #55 on: 21 June, 2018, 11:35:49 pm »
You have my sympathy. Locally they are planning a MSK triage service. We know from the last 3 times that this will produce a 6 months reduction in referrals before they filter through the system and we get back to normal.

« Reply #56 on: 13 September, 2018, 05:43:33 pm »
Finally saw the original consultant today. He suspects it to be a muscular injury but is requesting an MRI to confirm soft tissues of the joint and physio to address concerns with the Psoas muscle.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #57 on: 13 September, 2018, 06:32:34 pm »
Hoo-rah!

Hope you get properly sorted soon!

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #58 on: 13 September, 2018, 06:39:15 pm »
Hope MRI is useful Matthew and whatever it is they can *treat* it.  It is maddening when you're bounced round clinics for ages before you can actually start treating the issue.

« Reply #59 on: 14 September, 2018, 11:21:00 pm »
Blimy the mri appointment will be a week tomorrow! That is rather quicker than i expected. The suggestion of a problem with the psoas would sync with the back issues and spasm from may as that is right side lower spine.

My worry is that the first time round I spent ~18 months going through the physio hoops before he did the athroscopy.

« Reply #60 on: 19 October, 2018, 08:07:10 pm »
MRI results are back and the hip is clear. Therefore diagnosis is muscular rather than skeletal. Some weakness in the psoas muscle but recently i have been doing better. Two weeks holiday including a couple of day rides followed by a few evenings sewing while sat on my kneeling chair and holding good posture seems to have helped.

Must find a local pilates class even if a single male will be out of place.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #61 on: 19 October, 2018, 09:58:07 pm »
Nothing wrong with single males at a pilates class. Or, in my case, a married one who goes on his own.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #62 on: 20 October, 2018, 01:18:41 pm »
I go to private Pilates class 3 students to one teacher.  2 are women.  One of the women puts me to shame as she is extremely fit athletically.

The evening mat class has a very large number of men who are all triathletes, swimmers, etc.