Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1753777 times)

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #5800 on: 18 November, 2014, 09:05:45 am »
Friday night ride? What might that be then?

A few of us are riding a 95 mile night ride this Friday.

Looking ahead to the Friday night ride this week - do we have a meeting place and time and is it ok for me to publicise it via Flitchbikes? Dogger's Lane yhpm...

Tomsk I have just PM you following your message to me yesterday!

Andy C33 are you joining us for tomorrow nights ride? If so do you fancy mapping out our route....

« Reply #5801 on: 18 November, 2014, 09:38:02 am »
I will be there tomorrow night looking forward to getting out for some puddle water ;D

The Retiree

« Reply #5802 on: 18 November, 2014, 09:48:37 am »
Huggy, trainmanbri will you be joining us tomorrow night?

« Reply #5803 on: 18 November, 2014, 10:10:35 am »
Where are we heading tomorrow night

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5804 on: 18 November, 2014, 11:49:13 am »
I do intend to be out tomorrow evening.  There was this mention of Billericay but no specific destination that I could see before I got bored scrolling back through 10 pages of the thread.
I phoned Brian Taylor to re-arrange this Weds in Billericay - 12th is out, but the next possible date is 19th Nov: Is that ok OD and others?
ok, so I clearly wasn't that bored and found this
A reminder that we're due to be going to Billericay in a fortnight's time [5th Nov, The Coach and Horses], though this can be re-arranged if it doesn't suit.....

Something like this as an out route?  Roughly 20 miles including TMNH which is the obvious way to go!  Return route can be slightly more direct through the metropolis of Chelmo if OD wishes to go that way via Galleywood & Great Baddow with the potential for some COR.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #5805 on: 18 November, 2014, 12:20:58 pm »
I'm planning on making an appearance but by car as I shall be on my way back from Newbury.

« Reply #5806 on: 18 November, 2014, 02:55:56 pm »
O.D. can you put cycle rack on car please...............just in case !!! :P

« Reply #5807 on: 18 November, 2014, 02:58:19 pm »
Not too much c.o.r. just cleaned me bike !

« Reply #5808 on: 18 November, 2014, 03:07:17 pm »
What time is planned arrivé at Billericay? If I get clearance from base (gym/ballet/social plans pending) I'll cycle straight from that London and guess I'd be there at 8.30ish.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5809 on: 18 November, 2014, 04:16:58 pm »
What time is planned arrivé at Billericay? If I get clearance from base (gym/ballet/social plans pending) I'll cycle straight from that London and guess I'd be there at 8.30ish.
Usual departure time from Spa Road roundabout in Witham is 7:30, given the distance I guesstimate that a 9pm ETA is reasonable.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5810 on: 18 November, 2014, 04:18:57 pm »

No you can ride home in the cold, it'll do you good!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5811 on: 18 November, 2014, 04:21:46 pm »

Besides OD is going to be doing the COR in his car anyway  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5812 on: 18 November, 2014, 04:26:21 pm »
No I'm not. We've had enough car related grief this year thanks very much!

The Retiree

« Reply #5813 on: 18 November, 2014, 04:37:34 pm »
No I'm not. We've had enough car related grief this year thanks very much!

Did you see the FB post I tagged you in last night OD? I'm sure the 500 will benefit from these measures of pimping!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5814 on: 18 November, 2014, 04:42:09 pm »
I'll try to do some route fettling on BRT this evening or in the morning.  We can always decide at departure time how we get to TMNH if the planned route isn't to everyone's liking (plan A will be to head off towards Terling and hang a left to HP).
Return leg will probably go thru Stock, Galleywood, Great Baddow with just a little bit of off-roading (not too comic) round the back of the Sandon Park & Ride car park to Hammonds Road, up to Boreham for a quick blast home.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5815 on: 18 November, 2014, 04:44:24 pm »
Yes I did Dogger's. We should be getting our new one on Thursday kindly provided by Fiat UK as they now recognise the original one is a crock of poo.

The Retiree

« Reply #5816 on: 18 November, 2014, 04:46:47 pm »
I'll try to do some route fettling on BRT this evening or in the morning.  We can always decide at departure time how we get to TMNH if the planned route isn't to everyone's liking (plan A will be to head off towards Terling and hang a left to HP).
Return leg will probably go thru Stock, Galleywood, Great Baddow with just a little bit of off-roading (not too comic) round the back of the Sandon Park & Ride car park to Hammonds Road, up to Boreham for a quick blast home.

Happy with this Huggy

Yes I did Dogger's. We should be getting our new one on Thursday kindly provided by Fiat UK as they now recognise the original one is a crock of poo.

Glad that Fiat UK have recognised this OD and are now providing a new one for you!

« Reply #5817 on: 18 November, 2014, 05:01:13 pm »

Besides OD is going to be doing the COR in his car anyway  :thumbsup:
I could drive car O.D. can ride me bike, sorted :thumbsup:

« Reply #5818 on: 18 November, 2014, 05:04:31 pm »
Nothing like a New Poo

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #5819 on: 18 November, 2014, 08:01:40 pm »
Ok, everyone seems to know where we're going!.....The Coach and Horses doesn't have much in the way of cycle-parking, I seem to recall [though in all other ways an excellent pub] so proper locks to entangle a big pile of bikes out the front?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5820 on: 19 November, 2014, 10:58:44 am »
Okay, here is the proposed route for Withamites, about 40 miles of pedalling fun.  Assume the usual 7:30pm departure from Spa Road roundabout.

The Retiree

« Reply #5821 on: 19 November, 2014, 11:14:40 am »
Okay, here is the proposed route for Withamites, about 40 miles of pedalling fun.  Assume the usual 7:30pm departure from Spa Road roundabout.

Thanks Grant looks good! Particularly the COR section leading to Hammonds Road, am I right in saying the last part leading to Hammonds is a private road?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5822 on: 19 November, 2014, 11:21:25 am »

Thanks Grant looks good! Particularly the COR section leading to Hammonds Road, am I right in saying the last part leading to Hammonds is a private road?
The section from Maldon Rd to Hammonds Rd that hooks round under the A12 is mainly a farm track but one we've used a few times before, mostly concreted and gravel path.  There is the alternative to take Maldon Rd further to the A12 roundabout and join Hammonds Rd immediately after if preferred

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5823 on: 19 November, 2014, 11:23:50 am »
Huggy's proposed route is part of the NCN.

The Retiree

« Reply #5824 on: 19 November, 2014, 11:25:44 am »

The section from Maldon Rd to Hammonds Rd that hooks round under the A12 is mainly a farm track but one we've used a few times before, mostly concreted and gravel path.  There is the alternative to take Maldon Rd further to the A12 roundabout and join Hammonds Rd immediately after if preferred

I'm happy with a bit of COR's Huggy should be fun!!

Huggy's proposed route is part of the NCN.

Thanks OD just noticed that it is part of NCN 1 on google maps  :thumbsup: