Author Topic: BBC 6 Music has become Radio 2  (Read 5846 times)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Re: BBC 6 Music has become Radio 2
« Reply #50 on: 01 May, 2020, 09:12:47 pm »
One slightly odd thing I've noticed is that they might play a track you haven't heard in years and years, but then play it again within a few days

The problem with 6Music isn’t that it doesn’t play new music, it’s that it’s so relentlessly bland and of a type that it might as well not be. They’d never play the contemporary equivalent of those wildcard songs.

You're listening to the wrong programs then. I defy you to call anything on the Tom Ravenscroft show bland.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #51 on: 02 May, 2020, 07:42:49 am »
Yeah, I confess I started to draft a reply that began "you're just wrong....." then decided there was little value. For me the enjoyment of R6M is that, albeit within the remit of the program, you really don't know what is coming next. Amy Lamay, Iggy Pop, Cerys, anything and everything turns up.

« Reply #52 on: 05 May, 2020, 12:31:55 pm »
Having been with 6 from the early days it does go in waves. It may have altered recently a little but that's probably reflecting that it may have people listening all day rather then dipping in and out. Apart from when I fancy a trip to something of interest on Radio 4 it's pretty much the only station I listen to when I have the choice... Well except when TMS is on

When we are fully staffed they have radio 2 on which I find pretty mind numbing or aiming at lowest common denomination during the Jeremy Vine bun fight

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #53 on: 05 May, 2020, 08:18:27 pm »
I've realised that a really good way to sound young and edgy, is to tell people how bland their favourite band/radio-station/album is. (or saying just how Radio2 something is).

(How am I doing? Daddio)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #54 on: 08 May, 2020, 11:58:53 pm »
It's true!  :o I've just listened to Gideon Coe playing Mr Happy!