Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 01:39:34 pm »
Painter Man - Boney M
The Sporting Life / Re: 2024 Olympics
« Last post by Beardy on Today at 01:33:17 pm »
I’ve just shelled out £3.99 for a subscription to Discovery+ so I can watch some Olympics. I now need to spend a little time with the schedule so I don’t just spend the next two weeks in front of the TV.
The Sporting Life / Re: 2024 Olympics
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 01:32:31 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/article/2024/jul/26/olympic-games-paris-opening-ceremony

I saw that headline and thought "Bach always delivers a message of hope!" but when I started to read the article I realised that they were talking about someone else.
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 01:31:53 pm »
We’re having our bathroom replaced (how much  :o :o - we’ll it is Bucks) over the next 2 weeks so have booked into a nearby pub mon-Fri next week until we can be assured of a working toilet and some hot water. Bloody weather looks good and the pub has no garden  :(

Guess we’ll be peeing in the woods we’re lucky enough to have at the bottom of the garden so we can enjoy the warmth in the garden.
The Pub / Re: what I have learned today.
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 01:17:08 pm »
Courtesy of a Graun quiz, why windsocks are striped.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Woofage on Today at 01:02:26 pm »
Lazy Line Painter Jane - Belle and Sebastian
The Pub / Re: The Cryptic Crossword Clue Thread
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 11:56:00 am »
Today’s Guardian Prize crossword by Soup is excellent - with a brilliant payoff…
GPS / Re: Garmin watch activities while still?
« Last post by T42 on Today at 11:05:26 am »
MrsT's Garmin does half-marathons when she's knitting at the kitchen table.  A couple of shawls and a pullover will take her across France & back.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What's the last gig you went to see?
« Last post by Hot Flatus on Today at 11:01:59 am »
Romare was banging. Also DJ Paulette.KOG and Goldfrapp tonight
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by T42 on Today at 11:00:28 am »
The other day my Topeak Road Morph was misbehaving, slightly harder to pump than it should be, so I took it apart, cleaned the snot and crud out of it and reassembled.
If it doesn't hold up, then spares are available.

A smear of white lithium grease in the barrel might also help.  Ordinary grease will attack the rubber.

Come to think of it, it's over a year since I serviced mine and I haven't used it since.  Must check it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10