Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 3136776 times)

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
Digital!  It's the new, er, something!

Digital?  O RLY? by Mr Larrington, on Flickr
that's just the name of the company.
I did have to check the maps Robin makes for us officials on the saltire rally.

Sent from my IV2201 using Tapatalk

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
El Grauno's "The Long Read" series takes a look at the last survivors of the dying art of court reportage:

The question is: “Will it make?” A nice murder will make. A crime involving a celebrity will make. Make the papers, Guy Toyn meant. Toyn is the co-owner of the news agency Court News UK, which reports the stories emerging from London’s criminal courts. In the mix this week was the man who had head-butted Roy Keane: that would definitely make. But the gang murders that routinely fill the Old Bailey, where Court News is based, rarely make. No, a nice murder would be a woman killing a man, ideally a middle-class white woman killing a man. Like the recent case of the primary school teacher who buried her partner in their back garden. That would always make.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/article/2024/jul/11/old-bailey-dying-art-court-reporter-justice

It sounds like an episode of Black Boks or something  :)

All you need is
https://www.thelewisandharristrail.com/
and
https://www.openstudioshebrides.com/
Which of the artists is the one closest to your home?
The one living here (Charly Hamlyn Ceramics).

The map on the website is useful for finding interesting artists and planning a route (if you are that way inclined).
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Went to a "craft fair" today. Wife and girls liked it was too jewelery heavy for my liking. Was hoping for a bit more rural stuff like willow work

Fair was around an hour from house, wife and kids are looking at good stall, I then around and friends from 10 doors down are stood about 5 metres away. Stop and say hi. They mention there's a free event on in the park we need to walk through to get back to car and someone there has same work van as i used to have, a few follow up questions identified who it was so wandered through and said hello to a former work mate. Its coming up 10 months since I left and apart from one tech who got sacked nothings changed, and nothing will change which makes me all the more glad I left

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Anyone see Kevin Piette carrying the Olympic flame?  Fantastic.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Email from Decalathalon: I have points that are going to expire unless I go there and claim them!!!1!!. Oh wow, must spring to the stirrup PDQ.  But first I look at their site... I have 3287 points, and with 3000 of them I can get a 5€ gift card.

Be still my beating heart.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Email from Decalathalon: I have points that are going to expire unless I go there and claim them!!!1!!. Oh wow, must spring to the stirrup PDQ.  But first I look at their site... I have 3287 points, and with 3000 of them I can get a 5€ gift card.

At least that is enough to potentially be a meaningful contribution towards a purchase. I regularly get emails from Holland & Barrett telling me I need to hurry to claim expiring rewards that are sometimes worth as much as 3p (I don't shop there very often).

"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

hellymedic

• Just do it!

Was that the chap with an exoskeleton?
Fantastic indeed!

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...

Was that the chap with an exoskeleton?
Fantastic indeed!

Yep!  Really quite amazing just how far things have come in recent years.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

T42

• Apprentice geezer

At least that is enough to potentially be a meaningful contribution towards a purchase. I regularly get emails from Holland & Barrett telling me I need to hurry to claim expiring rewards that are sometimes worth as much as 3p (I don't shop there very often).

Only trouble is that I have to drive 25k each way to use it.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Just watching the cricket highlights; 2nd test, 4th day. Woakes was just described as having a 'loosener in the channel'. Well, I've just had a double espresso and I've now got a loosener in the channel. Do I make the squad?
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
Can you bowl a maiden over?

Not any more; I'm more of a full tosser these days.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
There's a fairly significant flood in the Shoebury area this morning, thanks to a burst water main. The road of a large roundabout not far from the Asda Stupormarket is under a lot of water.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.