Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 310727 times)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Back to normal. Cool and pissing down.

There are people in the village desperately trying to remember how to take off a kagool.
And now they are desperately trying to remember where they left it.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
The weather reached Birmingham about 10 seconds after I got back from riding my bike.

I've had to put a jumper on.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Still 29 C in the Great Hall if the thermostat is to be believed.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
effin' roasting in TEH FENZ today, and quite breezy to keep it pleasenter.  Slight bit of raining later in the day

Tomorrow looks breezy
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Yesterday: 33.7°C max, 27°C inside & fuggy as hell.  Dire storms & inundations were forecast for today but disappeared from forecast overnight, & radar shows no threatening clouds north of the Jura and what there is is heading for Germany. Cool 22° just now.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
It was horribly close last night - we went for an evening walk at 8pm and were dripping with sweat. The promised colossal storm passed us by (we heard the thunder but only had normal rain). Today's rain forecast seems to have reduced somewhat and it is cooler but we still have the fans on to move the air around a bit - and all the windows wide open. Hoping for slightly cooler temperatures this week as it was a bit mega-sweaty last week.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
I can only assume that midgies hatched on the Outer Hebrides get blown out to sea before they can do much damage.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

I can only assume that midgies hatched on the Outer Hebrides get blown out to sea before they can do much damage.

Exactly that. You need the warm moist still air of, say, a lochside picnic spot to make the most of them.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Having considerable experience of sailing the West Coast of Scotland, I can attest that mudges will not travel beyond the shoreline. Mozzies yes, mudges no.  To keep mozzies on deck you should put a lantern by the companionway. A Tilley lamp is good.
Sheldon Brown never said leave it to the professionals.