Author Topic: Strava visibility  (Read 1016 times)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
Strava visibility
« on: 20 June, 2024, 08:32:14 am »

Is it possible with the new default hiding of the start/finish of an activity, to turn that off so the whole of an activity is visible to others? I can't find it.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Re: Strava visibility
« Reply #1 on: 20 June, 2024, 08:57:25 am »
On the phone app, view the activity, hit the dotdotdot at the top and it’s under Edit Map Visibility.

« Reply #2 on: 20 June, 2024, 09:04:08 am »
On the web site: top right drop down below with the main menu on it > Privacy Controls > (down a bit to) Additional Controls, Map Visibility > Edit the second option (Hide start and end points of activities no matter where they happen)

« Reply #3 on: 20 June, 2024, 09:05:30 am »
From the web interface:

Settings
Privacy controls
Under Additional controls  -  Hide the start and end points of activities no matter where they happen
Click 'Add' then select the number of hidden metres to 'off'.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #4 on: 20 June, 2024, 10:09:29 am »

Is it possible with the new default hiding of the start/finish of an activity, to turn that off so the whole of an activity is visible to others? I can't find it.

J

Do you mean for a specific activity rather than all activities?

If so look for the ellipses (the position will vary according to how you’re accessing Strava) and follow the instructions above.

If you just want to hide the start/end for all rides starting or ending at a specific address you can do that in the privacy settings of your account

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 25 June, 2024, 06:37:32 pm »
On the phone app, view the activity, hit the dotdotdot at the top and it’s under Edit Map Visibility.

Ahaha! I was looking under edit activity.

I have an activity where I do not need to hide the first and last bit as it starts and finishes at a bus stop. So I wanted to make it all visible. So for one activity I wanted to change the defaults.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6 on: 25 June, 2024, 08:32:13 pm »
Ah, didn't realise you could do this.  Useful.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #7 on: 26 June, 2024, 10:36:25 am »
handy, bit annoying when tile bagging short walks.

ravenbait

• Someone's imaginary friend
  • No, RB3, you can't have more tupperware.
    • Someone's imaginary friend
« Reply #8 on: 26 June, 2024, 10:40:19 am »
Oh, that is handy. I don't really need Strava to hide the start and end of my virtual rides. I'm friends only anyway (I've had stalkers -- very annoying that I can't participate in local legend without letting the whole world see where I've been when), and it does occur to me that being friends only and having privacy zone is possibly going a bit too far. But anyway.

Sam
https://ravenbait.com
"Created something? Hah! But that would be irresponsible! And unethical! I would never, ever make... more than one."