Author Topic: The Apprentice, 9pm tonight (10th May)  (Read 19792 times)

Re: The Apprentice, 9pm tonight (10th May)
« Reply #75 on: 16 June, 2011, 05:05:41 pm »
If Tom had a bit more spunk he'd be in the final.

He could be the I,Claudius of the Apprentice!  I'd suggest the editors can make the candidates can appear as good or as crap as they want pretty much regardless of reality so I'm not going to write Tom off just yet.  Maybe after he's been PM..
Move Faster and Bake Things

Jakob

« Reply #76 on: 16 June, 2011, 05:54:56 pm »
Calling people mice and cowards? I would have sacked him there and then.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #77 on: 16 June, 2011, 07:25:01 pm »
Jim or Sulky Zoe should have been fired.  Both teams did a terrible job though; "blow your load" FFS  ;D
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

AndyK

« Reply #78 on: 16 June, 2011, 08:43:44 pm »
Jim or Sulky Zoe should have been fired.  Both teams did a terrible job though; "blow your load" FFS  ;D

Does anyone still buy 'lads mags'?

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #79 on: 16 June, 2011, 08:47:48 pm »
If Tom had a bit more spunk he'd be in the final.

He could be the I,Claudius of the Apprentice!  I'd suggest the editors can make the candidates can appear as good or as crap as they want pretty much regardless of reality so I'm not going to write Tom off just yet.  Maybe after he's been PM..

Ooh yes! I hadn't realised that Tom has been PM yet.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #80 on: 17 June, 2011, 05:05:07 pm »
I've just downloaded it and shall be watching it in a minute (I was at a GP meeting last night and missed it).

No spoilers please!   ;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

AndyK

« Reply #81 on: 17 June, 2011, 05:39:11 pm »
Calling people mice and cowards? I would have sacked him there and then.

I wouldn't hire any of them. They all come across as rejects from The Office.

« Reply #82 on: 22 June, 2011, 09:53:32 pm »
I enjoyed this weeks episode. Right team won, any of the losing side should be fired

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #83 on: 22 June, 2011, 10:01:42 pm »
I enjoyed this weeks episode. Right team won, any of the losing side should be fired

Agreed. Good episode tonight. One team got an incredible amount of sales. It was all about the product and pitch.

Now for Yer Fiyud.

Regulator

« Reply #84 on: 22 June, 2011, 11:05:17 pm »
Melody should have gone - she's a nasty bit of work.  She's the reason the team failed so badly.  She lied about the outcome of the 'market research', she failed to research the main lead as she had been asked and she refused to share out the appointments.

But then again, seeing her torn to pieces during the interview stage might be amusing...

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #85 on: 22 June, 2011, 11:10:18 pm »
She was Asian Woman of the Future, don't forget.

Regulator

« Reply #86 on: 22 June, 2011, 11:12:17 pm »

She has such a bullshit CV you know that it'll get trashed at the interview stage...  :demon:

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #87 on: 22 June, 2011, 11:14:29 pm »

She has such a bullshit CV you know that it'll get trashed at the interview stage...  :demon:

;D

As she was personally trained by Nelson Mandela and Al Gore, I can only believe that she'll make you eat those words.

border-rider

« Reply #88 on: 22 June, 2011, 11:16:23 pm »
....she failed to research the main lead as she had been asked and she refused to share out the appointments

My word yes. Even I knew who La Redoute are.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #89 on: 22 June, 2011, 11:40:13 pm »
I predicted quite early on tonight that Leon would be fired.  :smug:

He's been a spare part once too often. However appallingly arrogant and deceitful Melody was, she did at least sell some of those ridiculous teapots. And speaking French must have worked in her favour. She'll last until the interview stage, where she and Jim will be lambs to the slaughter. Can't wait.

Natasha got off very lightly this week - her pitch to La Redoute was abysmal. Tom let himself down but he was steamrollered by Melody so didn't stand a chance. He won't survive much longer. Then there's the horrible whiny one whose name I can't even remember. One of those three will go next week, assuming at least one of them is on the losing team.

For my money, the only two candidates with a serious chance of winning are Helen and Susan. And Helen looks very much like this year's Stella.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Jakob

« Reply #90 on: 24 June, 2011, 02:07:03 am »
Melody should have gone - she's a nasty bit of work.  She's the reason the team failed so badly.  

I agree...unfortunately, Tom let her get away with it.  He made all the right comments, but failed to enforce them when faced with opposition. Melody played the game perfectly and ensured that she personally wouldn't lose. Would you really want a business partner like that?.

« Reply #91 on: 24 June, 2011, 10:53:36 am »
IMO they keep some in just for entertainment value, and what is more entertaining than conflict?  Thus the loud ones are not necessarily winning material.

The sidekicks seem to have got a bit more input this year, during the tasks and also slightly more disposed to strong negative critiscism.  With careful editting to throw us off the scent?
Move Faster and Bake Things

citoyen

« Reply #92 on: 24 June, 2011, 11:03:41 am »
It would be fun to see Jim and Melody on the same team for at least one task.

d.

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #93 on: 24 June, 2011, 02:23:06 pm »
One of the contestants of a previous Apprentice presented himself as a candidate for a role at our office.  I interviewed him and it was sad.
He could not actually do anything useful at all. He had not developed any valuable skill to any level.  He talked a nonstop stream of buzzword bullshit and cliche.
Added to this he thought he was a celebrity with a media career - which frankly is probably the only thing he might be good for, if he could find some talent from somewhere.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

LEE

« Reply #94 on: 24 June, 2011, 04:52:04 pm »
One of the contestants of a previous Apprentice presented himself as a candidate for a role at our office.  I interviewed him and it was sad.
He could not actually do anything useful at all. He had not developed any valuable skill to any level.  He talked a nonstop stream of buzzword bullshit and cliche.
Added to this he thought he was a celebrity with a media career - which frankly is probably the only thing he might be good for, if he could find some talent from somewhere.

And hence why they were selected to appear on The Apprentice.

It's not a show about finding talented Entrepreneurs, it's "Car crash" reality TV where we get to laugh at silly people and feel better about ourselves.

The talented Entrepreneurs are busy entrepreneuring.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #95 on: 28 June, 2011, 10:42:35 pm »
Helen ftw, as far as I'm concerned.

Melody is going to crash and burn very badly. It may not happen until the semi-finals though. Tom is too nice, but he's been right most of the time.
It is simpler than it looks.

border-rider

« Reply #96 on: 28 June, 2011, 11:09:55 pm »
My word yes. Even I knew who La Redoute are.

I'd wager that's only because they sponsored a cycling team that Paul Sherwen once rode for.

Did they ? Passed me by :)

It's because Mrs MV once bought something from them and we were subsequently inundated with catalogues.  I'm Captain Recycling in our house, so I notice these things...

« Reply #97 on: 29 June, 2011, 09:43:44 pm »
oooh

The power of editing, they cut it so it would look like a walkover for BicMix, surely the poor reception must have been reflected at the pitches.

I don't know why I watch TV to continuously get fooled for the sake of entertainment.

I predict a multiple firing. All 3

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #98 on: 29 June, 2011, 10:13:24 pm »
One of the right two got fired.  Helen has won so many now, she must get a free pass if and when she finally cocks up.

I predict Jim and Helen for the final although I have no idea who would win.  Jim can do nothing but sell.  Helen's main attributes are luck and inoffensiveness, and she's very similar to last year's winner.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

citoyen

« Reply #99 on: 30 June, 2011, 01:55:24 am »
Natasha got off very lightly this week - her pitch to La Redoute was abysmal. Tom let himself down but he was steamrollered by Melody so didn't stand a chance. He won't survive much longer. Then there's the horrible whiny one whose name I can't even remember [edit: Zoe]. One of those three will go next week, assuming at least one of them is on the losing team.

And so it comes to pass. Zoe got fired, Tom escaped by the skin of his teeth, and Natasha was pretty awful once again but lucked out by being put on Helen's team. She must have thought it was Christmas.

I'm not claiming great powers of insight, just that it's all very predictable.

d.