Author Topic: The Apprentice, 9pm tonight (10th May)  (Read 19655 times)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Re: The Apprentice, 9pm tonight (10th May)
« Reply #100 on: 30 June, 2011, 07:45:33 am »
I'm convinced that they're only keeping Melody in so that they can humiliate her in the interview show, when they pull her CV to shreds and highlight her bullshitting.  Zoe was right - she's a disruptive and manipulative bitch.

It was interesting that Melody ignored Zoe as she left the boardroom...

...and this is someone who supposedly works in international relations?
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Jakob

« Reply #101 on: 30 June, 2011, 06:51:39 pm »
Melody is going down Braggs style..it's just a question of when...but Zoe was the right person to fire on this task.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #102 on: 01 July, 2011, 11:51:28 pm »
WTF was Zoe wearing in 'The Apprentice: You're Fired'?  She looked like she had been sideways on in a windtunnel.

When they did the meaningful bit and pointed out that Zoe had suffered two types of cancer Ms Weasel shouted "One of them was obviously cancer of the fashion sense!"

Obviously I wouldn't be so bitchy and spiteful *looks around for the lying and shameful smiley*

« Reply #103 on: 02 July, 2011, 07:59:56 am »

...and this is someone who supposedly works in international relations?

Take another look at international relations..

Anyway, it's time that Tom clambered out of his shell and showed he can kick ass with the worst of them. Or be history.
Move Faster and Bake Things

AndyK

« Reply #104 on: 02 July, 2011, 08:32:12 am »
It seems to me this process does not work to select the best business person, but the nastiest backstabber. Certainly not someone I would want to go into business with.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #105 on: 02 July, 2011, 08:41:49 am »
It seems to me this process does not work to select the best business person, but the nastiest backstabber. Certainly not someone I would want to go into business with.

I don't think it's anything more than a game show, with Alan Sugar the only real winner.

Still fun though.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #106 on: 02 July, 2011, 09:05:28 am »
WTF was Zoe wearing in 'The Apprentice: You're Fired'?  She looked like she had been sideways on in a windtunnel.

When they did the meaningful bit and pointed out that Zoe had suffered two types of cancer Ms Weasel shouted "One of them was obviously cancer of the fashion sense!"

Obviously I wouldn't be so bitchy and spiteful *looks around for the lying and shameful smiley*

I think she looked beautiful  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :D
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #107 on: 03 July, 2011, 06:20:07 pm »
I've said it before, Biggsy, you're a sick man and you need help.  Helen, on the other hand, is Cat Deeley in a sharp suit  :thumbsup:
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #108 on: 03 July, 2011, 06:50:29 pm »
 :P  Well, I'm glad it's just me who can see it, then.  I can have her all to myself.  :smug:

« Reply #109 on: 06 July, 2011, 09:18:47 pm »
Looks like Susan will be out this week

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #110 on: 06 July, 2011, 09:42:32 pm »
He's not happy. Cancelled the treat for the winning team...

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #111 on: 06 July, 2011, 09:46:15 pm »
He's not happy. Cancelled the treat for the winning team...

I know  :o

I hope that Helen does not get fired.

border-rider

« Reply #112 on: 06 July, 2011, 09:49:58 pm »
Melody's being optimally irritating and shouty.  The others just have to sit back...

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #113 on: 06 July, 2011, 10:33:00 pm »
I love it that Melody got canned.  She's an evil little cow...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #114 on: 06 July, 2011, 10:56:22 pm »
Tom was great in the boardroom.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #115 on: 06 July, 2011, 11:17:43 pm »
Tom was great in the boardroom.

Showed his teeth, didn't he.

The Apprentice: You're Fired was remarkable tonight.  I sometimes wonder if they've edited the show to amplify the contestants' worst characteristics.  But Melody really is like that.

Jakob

« Reply #116 on: 07 July, 2011, 08:26:31 am »
Yay!.Helen had to be safe based on her past record, but I thought that there was a small chance that Tom might get the sack.
Had the other team lost, then Natasha would have been gone, easily, as both Jim and Susie were awesome.

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #117 on: 07 July, 2011, 02:34:17 pm »
I actually watched the thing after the show last night. There was this girl on and she talked complete and utter nonsense. I think that must be this Melody then.
Astounding - I thought she was actually a bit insane in fact - some sort of delusional.  The panel were very gentle with her.
I undertsand she claims to be running some sort of global enterprise/network/consulting business from her bedroom, with Al Gore and Nelson Mandela or something.  Completely barking. She should be in care.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #118 on: 07 July, 2011, 02:37:47 pm »
I deliberately avoided You're Fired because I so can't stand Melody.  But perhaps I'll watch it on iPlayer if it's good car-crash stuff.   :demon:

Just remembered, they invite back fired contestants for the penultimate task.  So I might see Zoe again.  Deep joy.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #119 on: 07 July, 2011, 02:43:43 pm »
They're not bringing back any contestants for the final task. I think there is a profile of the final 5, one more task next week, and then the apprentice is chosen after the interviews.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #120 on: 07 July, 2011, 02:44:36 pm »
Boooo!  :'(

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #121 on: 07 July, 2011, 04:55:05 pm »
Jim is frighteningly good at selling tat but it's all he does, really.  I'm not sure what talent Helen actually has -she's just very lucky and inoffensive.  Tom would make a good apprentice because he is an innovator, even if he's very hit and miss.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #122 on: 07 July, 2011, 05:31:35 pm »
I deliberately avoided You're Fired because I so can't stand Melody.  But perhaps I'll watch it on iPlayer if it's good car-crash stuff.   :demon:

Just remembered, they invite back fired contestants for the penultimate task.  So I might see Zoe again.  Deep joy.  :thumbsup:

I thought that Ruby Wax was digging the nails into Melody last night.

Jakob

« Reply #123 on: 07 July, 2011, 05:50:54 pm »

Not really. She spent most the show gushing about Tom. Only the black guy was really going at her.
Oh and I still don't understand what Melody actually does. (Aside from having been trained by Gore, Tutu, et al).

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #124 on: 07 July, 2011, 06:43:00 pm »

Not really. She spent most the show gushing about Tom. Only the black guy was really going at her.
Oh and I still don't understand what Melody actually does. (Aside from having been trained by Gore, Tutu, et al).

At the earlier point in the show she was. I don't understand what she does either. But then again I used to work for a quango which nobody really knew what it was about but it just pootled along quite merrily  :)