Author Topic: ICE and Bacchetta  (Read 4648 times)

Re: ICE and Bacchetta
« Reply #25 on: 06 June, 2020, 06:46:22 pm »
So if you really need more shed space the DFs would be the ones to go (although a second shed would be easier)

I'm ok for storage space with long, narrow garage and a 10' by 10' shed up the garden. I've a small cellar as well and I found a partial Dawes non folding Shopper down there yesterday. I'd forgotten that.
Now that beats even Blodwyn Pig's finds.  :D

I am sometimes very envious of his finds! :)
Never knowingly under caffeinated

« Reply #26 on: 06 June, 2020, 06:50:43 pm »
I fell off yesterday.
Toppled over at a T junction. Lesson remembered from the past: if the junction may be blind, stop, put both feet down and look before proceeding.
I ended up going so slow that as I realised I couldn't see safely to my left I toppled over. The feet remembered what to do and the mind flashed 'it isn't far to go' and over I went.
It wasn't even slow motion; I didn't have time to polish my parachute roll although it would have been difficult with the bike between my legs.

I phoned Cycleman because he lends a sympathetic ear while he is laughing, and I felt ok.
An hour later I am sleeping and feeling distinctly unwell. The bikes 8 year old frame seems fine but my 70 plus frame is telling me that it resents unexpected meetings with the ground!  ;D

Whoops. I hope you aren't too bruised!
Cheers Joan. Recovering well. It turns out that coffee and Welsh cakes are part of my cure. :)

« Reply #27 on: 07 June, 2020, 04:03:04 pm »
I fell off yesterday.
Toppled over at a T junction. Lesson remembered from the past: if the junction may be blind, stop, put both feet down and look before proceeding.
I ended up going so slow that as I realised I couldn't see safely to my left I toppled over. The feet remembered what to do and the mind flashed 'it isn't far to go' and over I went.
It wasn't even slow motion; I didn't have time to polish my parachute roll although it would have been difficult with the bike between my legs.

I phoned Cycleman because he lends a sympathetic ear while he is laughing, and I felt ok.
An hour later I am sleeping and feeling distinctly unwell. The bikes 8 year old frame seems fine but my 70 plus frame is telling me that it resents unexpected meetings with the ground!  ;D

Whoops. I hope you aren't too bruised!
Cheers Joan. Recovering well. It turns out that coffee and Welsh cakes are part of my cure. :)

Good prescription!  :thumbsup:
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #28 on: 08 June, 2020, 05:16:55 pm »
I fell off yesterday.

An hour later I am sleeping and feeling distinctly unwell. The bikes 8 year old frame seems fine but my 70 plus

frame is telling me that it resents unexpected meetings with the ground!  ;D

Remonds me of the day I bought my speed machine and cycled it back through London to get home. I was going through the park and feeling pretty damn pleased with myself, thinking I looked rather cool (not at all like an eccentric old bloke to avoid). Nonchalantly stopping at the entrance to the park, toppled gracefully to the amusement of a bunch of teenage girls. Hope your bruises recover quicker than my pride.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

« Reply #29 on: 09 June, 2020, 10:35:56 am »
Remonds me of the day I bought my speed machine and cycled it back through London to get home. I was going through the park and feeling pretty damn pleased with myself, thinking I looked rather cool (not at all like an eccentric old bloke to avoid). Nonchalantly stopping at the entrance to the park, toppled gracefully to the amusement of a bunch of teenage girls. Hope your bruises recover quicker than my pride.

Traditionally, pride comes before the fall.
I suppose that once it is dented we notice that we have it.  :)

« Reply #30 on: 09 June, 2020, 10:54:26 am »
No need to justify having both, just remind her of her wedding vow's.

Specifically the "Love, Honor & OBEY" part.

Then 'RUN LIKE 'ELL' and don't forget the flowers/box of chocolates when you return (much, much later).

You haven't been married long, I'd bet.
I started with flattery (my mother told me it was cheap), progressed to flowers but nowadays have to atone with jewellery  :)

Over 23 Yrs Married.
The love of my life.
Widower for 35 days.
Hug and cuddle every chance you get, Regret is a terrible thing.

« Reply #31 on: 09 June, 2020, 11:20:49 am »

Over 23 Yrs Married.
The love of my life.
Widower for 35 days.
Hug and cuddle every chance you get, Regret is a terrible thing.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear you are a widower. My brother is still grieving after two years widowed.
I hit 50 years married in three weeks. It's made me feel old!