Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1288742 times)

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #500 on: 25 March, 2009, 10:28:30 am »
Whoops. Forgot to weigh myself this morning.

I guess I was too busy eating an entire easter egg.  :-[

« Reply #501 on: 25 March, 2009, 11:09:42 am »
Whoops. Forgot to weigh myself this morning.

I guess I was too busy eating an entire easter egg.  :-[
;D I'm that will help!! You've got an entire week to balance it out now. :D I stayed the same this week. Too much bread and cheese and mars bars, I think.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

simonp

« Reply #502 on: 26 March, 2009, 09:13:08 pm »
I have got out of the habit of weighing myself.

Just seeing myself in the window whilst on the turbo the other night was enough to know which direction the lack of cycling recently has sent me.

However, things should start moving in the right direction again now.  I cycled over 40 miles at the weekend, did an hour on the turbo on Tuesday, and I had a gym session just now where I rowed 5000m in 20:20 (326 kcals so that's not far off 1000kcals an hour)

And to think I used to consider that alot - it's 'only' 197 Watts average.  ::-)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #503 on: 27 March, 2009, 08:50:10 am »
Seem to have plateaued at about 87ish. Much fitter than I was and feeling better, but wondering how to get shot of the next 2 or 3 kg. Off to the gym for a spinning class at lunchtime.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #504 on: 31 March, 2009, 09:08:56 am »
Stuck at 105kg but my trousers are looser.

Had hoped to be under 100kgs for the Dorset Coast.

Oh well.

H

Chris S

« Reply #505 on: 31 March, 2009, 09:13:10 am »

You'll still be faster than me... ;)

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #506 on: 31 March, 2009, 09:19:03 am »

You'll still be faster than me... ;)

Only if my trousers stay up.  :o

H

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #507 on: 01 April, 2009, 12:18:55 pm »
Getting there.  After my weight went up while not riding, I'm now down exactly 2kg on my start point, and just 0.2kg from my target.  Actually, I got a bit overexcited at first, when the scales seemed to show I was under 100kg, but I realised they weren't exactly flat, so I put them back in the place I always use, and got the more realistic (if slightly more disappointing) result.

Happy.  Just need to keep it up, although I shan't make my 40km today, as I will be going to work on the train... :-\
Getting there...

« Reply #508 on: 01 April, 2009, 12:31:12 pm »
I'm gradually getting there.  I have been much better with my sugar of late.  Having a throat infection helps though as I've gone off food too.

« Reply #509 on: 01 April, 2009, 12:37:45 pm »
First time under 80kg since getting back from South America and in fact, *checks back*, since the end of July 2008.

It took 10 weeks of cycling again (after 10 weeks of no cycling) before I'd regained the lost muscle and the weight started to go downward. Interesting.

8lb to lose now before LEL. Rar.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #510 on: 01 April, 2009, 02:25:07 pm »
Good work, both.  It's all good :)
Getting there...

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of NĂºmenor
« Reply #511 on: 01 April, 2009, 06:50:27 pm »
Well, finally - got rid of another pound. It took 3 weeks though.

I know it is supposed to be slow, but that is verging on the daft.

alan

« Reply #512 on: 02 April, 2009, 09:08:42 pm »
Oh dear me..I have gained 2kg in two weeks despite maintaining my reduction in portions & avoiding biscuits etc.
It is rather peculiar to have gained weight when I have been doing physical work each day for ten days & this week have been wearing a pair of trousers,quite comfortably,which were too small in the waist a while ago
Confused of Staffordshire :-\

Chris S

« Reply #513 on: 02 April, 2009, 09:14:27 pm »
Putting muscle on, Alan?

alan

« Reply #514 on: 02 April, 2009, 09:22:23 pm »
Putting muscle on, Alan?

mmmm... mebbe. It would have been preferable for the flesh that seems to have migrated from my waist to have travelled south several inches ;) ;D

alan

« Reply #515 on: 02 April, 2009, 09:23:43 pm »
I should add that I actually feel better/more sprightly than I have for a long time :thumbsup:

alan

« Reply #516 on: 03 April, 2009, 08:58:23 am »
This morning the scales indicate a 2kg loss over two weeks which equates to an overnight loss of 4kg :-\.
I'll  wait & see what next week's weigh in shows.Meanwhile I'm happy to be wearing the slimmer waist trousers which are a constant reminder that there is less lard hereabouts :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #517 on: 06 April, 2009, 09:12:31 am »
Well, I don't want to raise my hopes too high, but this morning, under usual wednesday weigh-in conditions, I had hit my target!  Let's see if I can be sensible for a couple of days (and then the rest of my like :-\ ) :thumbsup:
Getting there...

« Reply #518 on: 06 April, 2009, 11:52:29 am »
in the 4 weeks I've been off the beer, I've lost 4 kilos.  Damn, that's depressing. 

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #519 on: 06 April, 2009, 11:58:10 am »
No it's not - it's a great start!  All that remains is for you to continue to forget to drink alcohol, and spend the money saved on bikes :thumbsup:
Getting there...

simonp

« Reply #520 on: 06 April, 2009, 01:29:47 pm »
in the 4 weeks I've been off the beer, I've lost 4 kilos.  Damn, that's depressing. 

Indeed, I to am very depressed by this news.  Power output not dropped I take it?

::-)

« Reply #521 on: 06 April, 2009, 01:37:40 pm »

Indeed, I to am very depressed by this news.  Power output not dropped I take it?

quite the opposite in fact, old boy....  How is the knee?  Fancy a hilly training session yet?

;D

JJ

« Reply #522 on: 06 April, 2009, 01:59:32 pm »
Mike,
I followed your advice as given on the 200, and lo, the belly doth depart with the beer.  You are right.  This is Not GoodTM.  However it does make hills less horrendous.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #523 on: 06 April, 2009, 09:24:44 pm »
Weight is staticish at 87-88 (with the occasional dehydration to 85ish.) Getting stronger and fitter though so hoping this is a temporary plateau.

Racing starts on Wednesday. Must not compensate in my diet.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

simonp

« Reply #524 on: 06 April, 2009, 11:09:42 pm »

quite the opposite in fact, old boy....  How is the knee?  Fancy a hilly training session yet?

;D

OK, that's enough sandbagging.  ;)

I've been training on my Galaxy which weighs 15kg, with a pannier on it as well, containing a 1.5kg D lock, etc, and doing night time rides whilst driving an Edelux.  Now it's time to see where I'm at.

I've just got off the turbo after a 2x20 minutes x 200W session.  I was actually quite a bit over 200W in the first 20 and maybe a little under in the second; I will have a look on the PC later.  This compares favourably with my best session from 2008, but I am still short of where I was in May.  I'll get there soon, though.  And then I'll push on a bit more.  Endurance will need some more work, as I've not done a 50 mile ride yet.

;D