Author Topic: Someone is poisoning cats in our village with antifreeze  (Read 1382 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Someone is poisoning cats in our village with antifreeze
« on: 25 August, 2013, 07:36:25 pm »
Two roads away - fortunately ours don't roam that far.  The RSPCA are involved and there are two possible names in the frame.  Utter bastards.  The prime suspect is a woman, apparently.  If she gets caught she'll have to move or there will be a torchlit mob.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
Re: Someone is poisoning cats in our village with antifreeze
« Reply #1 on: 25 August, 2013, 08:15:42 pm »
:(  My sympathies.  We have an anonymous neighbour who is shooting our neighbourhood's cats with an air rifle. Neither of ours have suffered I think although one got badly injured recently (more like fight injuries) but our next door neighbours have had two of theirs shot.  They've reported it to the police but I doubt much will happen.
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

rogerzilla

« Reply #2 on: 25 August, 2013, 08:33:39 pm »
The RSPCA seem to be a bit more diligent in making enquiries, so at least they have some use.  They say you can judge a society on how it treats its animals.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #3 on: 26 August, 2013, 10:02:14 am »
You know I never thought of them  ::-)   Thanks for the tip - even if it should have been obvious.  My thoughts on the police (I had to talk them into it, even the second time) were more along the lines of how long before they start thinking its funny to shoot people with it.
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #4 on: 28 August, 2013, 01:21:34 pm »
Slightly OT.

On Monday, when Mrs. Wow and I were returning from Mildenhall, we passed through White Colne. On one of the minor roads heading south out of the village was a large notice painted on a sheet:

"SOME WANKER KILLED MY CAT!"
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

rogerzilla

« Reply #5 on: 28 August, 2013, 03:24:31 pm »
The woman next door reckons the original cat owner may be meowing up the wrong tree.  Apparently she did have three cats die of poisoning but no proof it was antifreeze and some considerable time apart.  May be something in her own house or garden - the recent two carked it after a big paiting session.

« Reply #6 on: 02 September, 2013, 10:35:49 am »
Cats will drink spilled antifreeze. It doesn't have to be a deliberate poisoning, it could be carelessness.
<i>Marmite slave</i>