Author Topic: Gratuitous cat pics - new and improved!  (Read 569768 times)

Re: Gratuitous cat pics - new and improved!
« Reply #1450 on: 31 October, 2011, 02:00:37 pm »

Wow, she looks positively chunky!

(Is that bowl titanium?)

She does look a bit chunky in that shot.  She may have started to lower her body a bit, like they do when they're a bit nervous, and there's someone waving an odd object around!  Generally she looks quite lanky, like most DSHs.

The bowl (i) isn't hers, it just happened to be there when I was taking the photo, & (ii) is just non-stick, not titanium.  The only titanium I own are titanium tent pegs and sporks!
Actually, it is rocket science.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #1451 on: 31 October, 2011, 02:06:22 pm »
The only titanium I own are titanium tent pegs and sporks!

Poor show - call yourself a cyclist?

Admissions like that will get you thrown out of here!

;)

She looks so healthy now!  Good work by everyone involved!
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #1452 on: 31 October, 2011, 02:55:07 pm »
Rico has assumed his winter position of being permanently curled up on the bed.

Kiri is now either sat on my legs or in her heated bed.

Further confirmation that Kai is a Forest Cat, is that he's quite happily going outside, even when the evenings are a bit chilly, and isn't particularly using the heated bed even when he's in the house.  He's clearly a hardy soul!

« Reply #1453 on: 05 November, 2011, 11:22:21 pm »
I rearranged Zev Towers a bit, and fitted a new toy to it.

I think it's a hit!

« Reply #1454 on: 06 November, 2011, 11:01:59 am »
 :o Zev towers is now mahoosive!

« Reply #1455 on: 06 November, 2011, 04:31:13 pm »
:o Zev towers is now mahoosive!

Actually, because it's more 3D now, and not as flat, ie some of the "cubes" reuse other cubes for more of their edges, I've got quite a lot of rods and corner pieces spare.  I'm not sure what I can do with them, but I'll maybe make some more platform bits to extend it even further!

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1456 on: 06 November, 2011, 05:47:58 pm »
Heh I love the idea of Zev towers expanding even more.  She's looking fantastic, her fur is in SUCH good and glossy looking condition! 

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #1457 on: 06 November, 2011, 06:24:36 pm »
Does anyone else think this looks like a record deck turntable?

DJ Zev scratchin' her latest toonz.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #1458 on: 06 November, 2011, 06:28:17 pm »
Playing them with her claws to feel the music.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1459 on: 07 November, 2011, 12:07:10 am »

Mmm warmz
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #1460 on: 07 November, 2011, 06:13:28 pm »
November.
So time for Part-time to show her face and come indoors to warm up.
Means I sneeze.

simonp

« Reply #1461 on: 08 November, 2011, 02:58:53 am »
November.
Means I sneeze.

"I'm watching you, tail. Don't try any fancy moves or I'm 'avin you."

« Reply #1462 on: 08 November, 2011, 07:58:40 pm »

Looks anything but comfortable.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

« Reply #1463 on: 17 November, 2011, 04:53:13 pm »
Kai with his lunch for the next few months (in the background, you can see it properly in the What are you doing right now? thread).

« Reply #1464 on: 18 November, 2011, 05:26:04 pm »
November.

I spotted Part time for the First time the other day. Slightly disconcerted by her resemblance to our two resident evil ones.

simonp

« Reply #1465 on: 18 November, 2011, 06:29:18 pm »
Rico in the laundry basket

Untitled by SimonP2006, on Flickr

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #1466 on: 21 November, 2011, 11:48:16 am »
Been a while since any photos of our two furry nutters have been shared.  They seem to be getting on okay - won't say friends, but we've not had any real outbreaks of hostilities. 

They'll chase each other around a few times a day and things only get noisy/out of hand if Sir Scoville (the younger, male cat who is the newer arrival) catches Lady Chilli Pepper (small, female who arrived first) and does his trademark WWF-style belly flop onto her!  She is not so keen on that and tends to give him a good bat with her paw (she has scratched his nose a couple of times).

Largely, they seem unbothered by each other - keep themselves to themselves much of the time, they'll not get too close to each other very often, they've found their own spots to sleep in etc.  Scovie is pretty chilled out and sleeps most all of the time.  Chilli is a handful and is constantly roaming about trying to get into/onto everything possible.

Scovie looking happy at getting a chin rub! by marcus_jb1973, on Flickr

Chilli's new favourite spot. We put some shelves in the front room, which have instantly become her watchtower.  She sleeps up there sometimes! by marcus_jb1973, on Flickr
Right! What's next?

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1467 on: 21 November, 2011, 01:06:32 pm »
Haha, Lady CP looks pretty pleased with herself up there :)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #1468 on: 21 November, 2011, 01:26:23 pm »
I guess it's a 'tree' to her (our little courtyard garden has none), so she can see everything and is safe from predators. 

Scovie, on the other hand, has never ventured more than about 1 metre above floor level - shows no interest in climbing whatsoever.  He's quite a dull cat really, but adorable with it! 

Chilli is all the entertainment I can handle as she crashes and bangs through life.  She really is the definition of curiosity killing the cat!  This morning she gave me a fright as she misjudged the leap from her scratching pedestal onto the filing cabinet (her route up the 'tree') and bounced off the filing cabinet, off my bike's handlebars and onto the floor, certainly not feet first!  Her other tricks include hanging about on top of open doors quite a lot - she just likes being up high.  But then her most favourite hiding spots are both at ground level (1 behind a chair in the conservatory and the other in the garden between 2 large pots behind some ivy).
Right! What's next?

« Reply #1469 on: 26 November, 2011, 09:55:34 am »
Just playing with a new macro lens, I got this shot of Kai's face, although he looked slightly away as I took it (predictably!)

« Reply #1470 on: 26 November, 2011, 08:52:46 pm »
 :D He's wuvly.

« Reply #1471 on: 26 November, 2011, 09:24:08 pm »
That photo works quite well, since I was fairly close (although not really Macro close) to him, so the rest of his body, and the background is out of focus, leaving his head nicely highlighted.  I was also experimenting with using raw images, because with these two, either the very white, or very black images are hard to correct, and if the image is a little bit under or over exposed, modifying the JPG doesn't always look that good.  With the raw data it's much easier to get an acceptable image.

« Reply #1472 on: 26 November, 2011, 09:30:47 pm »
Nice shot of Kai, you can see every hair on his face :)
In fact, it's making me want to pick his little nose for him (my poor cats have to submit to having the sleep picked out of their eyes for them daily, it's a bad habit of mine)!

« Reply #1473 on: 26 November, 2011, 10:00:06 pm »
Possibly you're hands are a mite smaller than mine.  I have to be very careful if I clean any sleep out of their eyes, especially Zev, since being a kitten she's sometimes not quite as good as doing that as adults seem to be.  They also don't like me approaching their eyes with my relatively big hands either!

Talisker wasn't brilliant at it either, but I think that was him getting a bit more elderly.

Until I looked at that photo, I hadn't realised he was a bit snotty, it's nowhere near as obvious as that photo makes it look!

« Reply #1474 on: 26 November, 2011, 10:05:23 pm »
Possibly you're hands are a mite smaller than mine.  I have to be very careful if I clean any sleep out of their eyes, especially Zev, since being a kitten she's sometimes not quite as good as doing that as adults seem to be.  They also don't like me approaching their eyes with my relatively big hands either!

Talisker wasn't brilliant at it either, but I think that was him getting a bit more elderly.

Until I looked at that photo, I hadn't realised he was a bit snotty, it's nowhere near as obvious as that photo makes it look!

I think it's just me being cat-snot obsessed! Technically it isn't really snot, they have porphyrin pigments that can look dark or reddish coloured in the normal amount of tear/mucus/nasal secretions which makes it visible against a white cat's skin and fur.