Author Topic: n+1...  (Read 787 times)

Marco Stefano

• Apply some pressure, you lose some pressure...
n+1...
« on: 19 September, 2011, 03:31:46 pm »
Having bought a Carrera Subway W-spec for daughter (yes, from Halfrauds, after they dozily got a men's one ready for her...  ::-)), have bought another on ebay (2008/9 model, I think) for BMXing son as he keeps using his sister's bike for running around. They seem to be okay & reasonably invisible (as in unflashy & rigid-framed). Buying a pair of SKS guards for it will increase it's cost to me by about 33%.  ;D
So:
Subway +1
Son's bike +1
Marco's ebay bike purchases +1

There is a nice old Kona Hahanna on there too, though...  :demon:

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: n+1...
« Reply #1 on: 19 September, 2011, 03:34:09 pm »
I am desperately trying to find some reason NOT to go into town on Friday.

Every 3rd Friday is auction day in my home town.

NYP use the local auctions to sell off their stolen/recovered bikes.

Sometimes there are some decent bikes there.

I have had a few accidental N+1's from there.....
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Marco Stefano

• Apply some pressure, you lose some pressure...
Re: n+1...
« Reply #2 on: 27 September, 2011, 08:45:53 pm »
I got that wrong; mudguards will increase its value by 50%. Not bad value at £55.  :thumbsup:

Having collected it, it was dusty, 2 flat tyres, rusty chain, 3 brake blocks (?). That's apparently 'excellent condition'. Seller said that she 'hates bikes'; I'm not surprised if you try to ride them in that state. However, after a clean, lube, pump & fettle, it looks good, everything is straight, everything works, goes well & is very little used (2007 labels on SRAM gripshifters). Got rid of horrid suspension seatpost with built-in swivel, & worse seat with 6" of soft padding but no base to speak of (:sick:) & replaced with standard Kona items from parts bin.

I think I might be riding it round town as well.