Author Topic: This is England '90  (Read 611 times)

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
This is England '90
« on: 05 October, 2015, 10:48:30 pm »
Phew! That was the final episode.

I don't remember being so tense or caring so much about characters as I was throughout this drama series.

Loved it.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Re: This is England '90
« Reply #1 on: 06 October, 2015, 08:10:51 am »
I loved it too. Have you watched the other 80's series?

I'd love another series to come along, just to see how everyone  has settled down. Also to tie up loose ends, like the Combo & Milky story. From what I've read, they aren't going to do another.
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #2 on: 06 October, 2015, 12:45:06 pm »
I loved it too. Have you watched the other 80's series?

I'd love another series to come along, just to see how everyone  has settled down. Also to tie up loose ends, like the Combo & Milky story. From what I've read, they aren't going to do another.

I only saw the film and not this series.

My Wife said I was missing something special during the '80s series but I was probably out cycling.

I'll play catchup and retrospectively fill in the gaps.

Yes, I agree, one more series, maybe in 10 years. Never say never again and all that.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

« Reply #3 on: 06 October, 2015, 03:11:34 pm »
Must just be me then!
I thought it was all a bit hackneyed. Big emotional montage scenes overdubbed by music, average acting and a stretched out storyline.
I thought the film was fantastic but each of the tv series has been worse than the last. Shame as I have really looked forward to them coming up. Won't be sad if '90 is the last though.