Author Topic: University Challenge  (Read 20157 times)

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
Re: University Challenge
« Reply #125 on: 14 February, 2011, 10:10:34 pm »
I played some of the people on the Magdalen team a couple of weeks ago in a different contest (the NAQT).  We got similarly hammered, so it made me feel a lot better to watch them against Christ's.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #126 on: 14 February, 2011, 10:30:02 pm »
was he the twat in a hat ? There's a time and place for a hat like that, and it's on a middle-aged chap in  sunny place, outdoors.

Yes. Exactly. The phrase "trying too hard" springs to mind.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #127 on: 14 February, 2011, 10:59:54 pm »
Well, if you will go on telly looking like a total tit (yes, I mean you, Walmswell).

d.

Aye.  I took one look and wondered what he'd think of himself looking back in twenty years' time.  Or even a month's time.

I enjoyed the "named winds" question.  A bit of local (ish) knowledge came in useful there.

« Reply #128 on: 14 February, 2011, 11:28:44 pm »
Well, if you will go on telly looking like a total tit (yes, I mean you, Walmswell).

d.

Aye.  I took one look and wondered what he'd think of himself looking back in twenty years' time.  Or even a month's time.

I enjoyed the "named winds" question.  A bit of local (ish) knowledge came in useful there.

There's a song about that.

YouTube
        - Helm Blues

« Reply #129 on: 14 February, 2011, 11:38:36 pm »
Wow.  That certainly showcases the Cumbrian accent.

« Reply #130 on: 07 July, 2014, 09:50:50 pm »
There was the first of a two-parter on tonight, presumably leading in to the next series.  It followed some of the potential teams, and how various institutions go about selecting those teams. The final selection is by the production company based on test results and an (informal) interview.  The test involved writing answers to recorded questions read out by 'our questions editor, Tom'.  I wonder if that was our very own Tom B.